All UTV's CFM's for motor and CVT.

TriggerTX

Aug 28, 2015
Pocatello ID, misplaced Texan
Hey guys,

I'm doing some custom work to my '15 RZR 1000 and I've come to a point where I need some more knowledge on a specific topic, aspiration..

I recently setup a UMP housing in the rear but plan to scrap that infavor of a different sort of housing in another location.

I have searched in an attempt to see what the stock RZR air filter flow rate is without any luck. Same for the RC2 and whatnot, I cant find any data. What do those filters, or Donaldson inside UMP, flow at? What are the ranges the RZR requires if anyone has more specific data?

As well, I'm going to give a filter of a similar sort to the CVT. I've read somewhere that the CVT may like up to 400 CFM's?

What should I know when calculating filter/housing specs like of CFM flow or restriction such as:
Rated Flow HR 392 CFM; 11.09 Cmm
Rated Flow LR 293 CFM; 8.29 Cmm
Rated Flow MR 345 CFM; 9.76 Cmm
Restriction HR 10 In H2O; 254 mm H2O
Restriction LR 6 In H2O; 152.4 mm H2O
Restriction MR 8 In H2O; 203.2 mm H2O

Any advice/schooling is appreciated.

Josh

Reactions: Simi Dude

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Above my pay grade...hope you get the info your looking for

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I used American filter to help with flow numbers on my air filter set up. But I cant remember were I found it on google but there is a site you can in put motor size,rpm and what size tubing and how many bends you think you will have to see flow numbers. I believe Donaldson web site shows flow numbers but American filter will have answer just make sure you have all info ready for him. Cvt is a tricky on because its not how much it flows its how much it flows when filter starts to clog up 400cfm is not much for silt to clog.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000