Yamaha chopped and dropped

livnlo

Feb 1, 2010
i have an empyre wide boby kit and yes i did also get the top dash piece. i am thinking of using it just so the hood and all looks right but i am not going to use the stock plastic dash. i may wind up building a whole new dash from scratch but not sure yet.
i am dropping the dash at least 4" and at this point i am think of moving it 4 inches towards the rear. just wanted everyone's input.

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
since you have it all the way down to the frame i would suggest gusseting the frame were the a arms attach, the frame tends to bend there. looks awesome so far.

White Boy

Mar 19, 2010
Great thread! Looking to do much the same thing myself soon.

Question: What is a good starting point for a comfortable placement of the seats so you can still see over the hood? What I mean is how far down and how far back? I am 6'3" if that makes a differance.

TIA

livnlo

Feb 1, 2010
there seems to be less and less of the rhino left. i figured if i am going this far why not go further and further make it better .....stronger.....cooler. i look forward to input and to making more progress.
thank you to all who have helped.

livnlo

Feb 1, 2010
bottom rails are 65" wide. with where my seats ended up i could have made this a little shorter but too late know :)) sorry i have been neglecting my project. i did get the rotax motor in and all lined up but not much since that. i have alot of parts coming in and hope to get back on it very soon. i have been super busy getting everyone's rotax rhino harness done. once my parts show up i am going to start spending at least one night a week on it and hopefully some time over the weekends as well. will get updated pics up as soon as there new progress to show.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000