Can-Am Clutch alignment help

Madjaz

Mar 30, 2015
Our clutch is getting really hot and blowing belts. I think the alignment of the two clutches is slightly off and creating friction. Our alignment looks dead on straight at idle, but at full rpm the belt runs at a slight angle. It looks like the secondary clutch needs to be moved slightly towards the motor. How can I adjust the alignment if needed. Am I being stupid, or is this alignment wrong? I am in the process of getting a clutch kit from Airdam so I can't wait.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
your clutch alignment is not off. the belt appears to be at an angle simply because the amount of throw between the two clutches, and the primary and secondary being machined at different angles. as the belt climbs up in the primary, and drops lower in the secondary, the sheaves not being machined at the same angle causes the belt to walk more in the primary so as the belt climbs up the primary the belt walks further away from the secondary.

your new setup from me will have things to help correct this. we have this setup running in mavericks and will help eliminate the belt issues you are having now.

Madjaz

Mar 30, 2015
your clutch alignment is not off. the belt appears to be at an angle simply because the amount of throw between the two clutches, and the primary and secondary being machined at different angles. as the belt climbs up in the primary, and drops lower in the secondary, the sheaves not being machined at the same angle causes the belt to walk more in the primary so as the belt climbs up the primary the belt walks further away from the secondary.

your new setup from me will have things to help correct this. we have this setup running in mavericks and will help eliminate the belt issues you are having now.
Please respond to me email

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000