Can-Am Commander Long Travel Showdown

Odyknuck

May 2, 2011
Ok Guys and gals, I am doing research on the current Mid and Long travel Commander supension systems. I would like to do a real world comparision based on user responce. My questions are:

1) What did you buy?
2) Why did you pick the one you bought?
3) What are the Pros of it?
4) What are the Cons of it?
5) What shocks did you run?
6) If you had to do it all over would you buy the same setup?

Last edited:

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com

Good question. I also wanted to know what people were thinking on this topic? Murray Racing is planning to build a Commander to race in the WORCS series and was curious to what people thought of their current suspension set up? On our BITD desert car we have a custom one off long travel kit by Dezert Toyz. But on our WORCS car we wanted to run a bolt on kit. What’s your thoughts?

<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p
AS for our Desert car, we took our Race Commander to Cory at Dezert Toyz. He did a one off custom long travel kit for us. It works great!! He took the rear differential back about 7 inches which allowed us to make longer trailing arms = more travel. By moving back the differential it also helped with the angle in which the axels plum out to the wheels. Even with the longer trailing arms the axels sit at the same angle as stock. So far no cons, we raced the entire 2011 BITD season with no suspension issues and boy did we put it to the test!! We run ELKA stage four shocks. When I build my next Desert car I am defiantly going back to Cory for his long travel suspension………

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I don't own any LT kits on a commander, I have seen 3 in person and my favorite is the Magnum Off-Road kit. Reason being is I know just how much R&D has gone into this kit, and its a lot! They have tested different materials, thicknesses, hardware, etc etc etc. This isn't a we built it, it looks good, we sell it type kit. This is the real deal when it comes to R&D.

If I was Murray Racing I would reach out to Magnum Offroad (specifficly Magnum Dan) and talk to him about sponsorship. They are looking to go full bore in the WORCS series this year so it could be a good in for you and them.

In the mean time here is a link to a product release thread on their kit here on UTVUnderground: http://www.utvunderground.com/f13/m...ong-travel-utvunderground-exclusive-6810.html

Odyknuck

May 2, 2011

Good question. I also wanted to know what people were thinking on this topic? Murray Racing is planning to build a Commander to race in the WORCS series and was curious to what people thought of their current suspension set up? On our BITD desert car we have a custom one off long travel kit by Dezert Toyz. But on our WORCS car we wanted to run a bolt on kit. What’s your thoughts?

<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p
AS for our Desert car, we took our Race Commander to Cory at Dezert Toyz. He did a one off custom long travel kit for us. It works great!! He took the rear differential back about 7 inches which allowed us to make longer trailing arms = more travel. By moving back the differential it also helped with the angle in which the axels plum out to the wheels. Even with the longer trailing arms the axels sit at the same angle as stock. So far no cons, we raced the entire 2011 BITD season with no suspension issues and boy did we put it to the test!! We run ELKA stage four shocks. When I build my next Desert car I am defiantly going back to Cory for his long travel suspension………

I really do like that setup. reminds me more of a race buggy supension. More pics please of front and rear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000