Desert Toyz Racing Commander build

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 11

Finished designing and fabing the rear end. Located the fuel cell and rebuilt the rear diff mounts. New years eve party in my shop tonight. I'll supply the red n whites.

blurryvision

Jul 27, 2010
Peoria, AZ
Swing set to all out UTV race build! Great work Cory!
Any energy drink makers out there that want to help
This team stay motivated the next six days before The BITD race?
Just saying, you don't want your competitions name on this awesome UTV. ;)

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 11

A very good friend of mine came to visit today and inspired me, so I changed it up a little ! It time to celebrate the new year with the family. :)

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Looking good Cory. How wide are you at the bottom outrigger cage rails? I kept my Prowler pretty much stock width, but probably should've gone a bit wider. Wasn't sure how BITD was going to apply the rules on the "Maintain stock width rule".

Can't wait to see this bad boy together...

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 12

Finished bending up the cage in chrome-moly, got it coped and tacked. I will be finishing up the upper door bars and "X" bracing tonight. It will be another all nighter! Should be ready to start tig welding by tomarrow am.

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 13

Still cutting, coping, and welding. Running low on lemonade Rockstars! May need more supplys. I am an army of one!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Looks sweet....but why all the open tube ends. I can understand the one on the rear bumper....I am curious about the others.

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
Looks sweet....but why all the open tube ends. I can understand the one on the rear bumper....I am curious about the others.

I agree with BiggJim, I don't see the purpose of those either. The earlier fab pics in this thread were suspect (no offense), but now it looks like it's coming together nicely! I really like the lines of the new cage, and am looking forward to seeing the completed car. Nice work Cory!!!

I was hoping to be the first to chop & drop a Commander, but now I'll just have to come up with a better looking one!:D

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 14

Burned through about 200 ft of chromemoly at this point. Time to get some sleep.

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build 15

I'm felling like the little engine that could! Some of my pit crew showed up tonight and we started to put the Commander back together. Only a thousand more things to do now.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000