Polaris Diff between Fox 2.0 and 2.5s?

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Curious if someone who knows or hopefully Cognito Jim can chime in on any major differences between the Cognito setup Fox 2.0 and 2.5's. Is it just the added fluid capacity for cooling and less fade or more? I primarily do tight, Jeep trails with bursts here and there through the whoops and a lot of high speed fire roads. I was looking at the MT Progressive springs or 2.0s....I loved the RC2 Fox 2.0 shocks on my S and know they perform...then these new 2.5s came out....are they worth it for my driving style over the 2.0s?

XP4ME

Oct 11, 2012
I have a 2013 XP4. Talked to Jim at Cognito he mentioned some major differences but the only one I understood correctly was that they weigh less and the ability to get more travel out of the 2.0 than the 2.5. He also mentioned that they run the 2.0 instead of the 2.5 on their race vehicle. So, basically I am purchasing the 2.0 front, dual spring w/ BOC and the rear 2.5 dual spring w/BOC for a heavy car from his recommendation.

I talked to him a couple of times and i mentioned i want to start racing some desert events he assured me I would love the set up. Answered all my questions and he made me feel like it was the right choice. So I pulled the trigger!:D Hope that helped some.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
I have a 2013 XP4. Talked to Jim at Cognito he mentioned some major differences but the only one I understood correctly was that they weigh less and the ability to get more travel out of the 2.0 than the 2.5. He also mentioned that they run the 2.0 instead of the 2.5 on their race vehicle. So, basically I am purchasing the 2.0 front, dual spring w/ BOC and the rear 2.5 dual spring w/BOC for a heavy car from his recommendation.

I talked to him a couple of times and i mentioned i want to start racing some desert events he assured me I would love the set up. Answered all my questions and he made me feel like it was the right choice. So I pulled the trigger!:D Hope that helped some.
yep, they told me the same thing. i have 4 races under my belt now with the cognitos and its the best thing i ever did to my rzr.i am hittin stuff that still makes me cringe,but the shocks handle it great.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
I cant complain. I am running the 2.5 all the way around and like Tony said above. I keep cringing, thinking the worse when i hit the nasty stuff. I have yet to max them out. 20+ hours. I am very happy. Thank you Cognito !

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Damn Steve...you already logged 20 hours on the new ride? I think I have 4 and there was 1.1 on it when I bought it

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010

Eric most of what you posted is correct. Some of the Cognito cars run 2.5 all the way around. Mostly the desert guys. I ran all season on the 2.0 last season with zero complaints with the dual rate springs. Now Cognito has devoloped a shock and dong testing on a short course setup. Cognito races what they sell whether it be shocks or arms and swaybars. Cognito has great products.

XP4ME

Oct 11, 2012
Eric most of what you posted is correct. Some of the Cognito cars run 2.5 all the way around. Mostly the desert guys. I ran all season on the 2.0 last season with zero complaints with the dual rate springs. Now Cognito has devoloped a shock and dong testing on a short course setup. Cognito races what they sell whether it be shocks or arms and swaybars. Cognito has great products.
Most of what I posted is correct, huh??? If you read my post I stated that they use 2.0's on their vehicle. Note, I did not say "all" because that would be an untrue statement since don't even know how many cars they have. Plus they are endorsing the 2.5 shocks, so they would have to develop the new product and have guys racing them. Secondly, the 2.0 is lighter than the 2.5. Sorry, just unclear as to why "most" of what I wrote was correct. With all due respect of coarse.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Where i was going with that is they " Cognito" have quite a few cars. I was only trying to point out they dont run just 2.0 on THEIR vehicles. They have different cars that sport different combos. And I was also eluding to the fact that they will work to build YOU THE RACER what you need. They run 2.5 on their desert car, They run 2.0 in their worcs car, 2.5 all the way around on another worcs car and a combo obn their short course car.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Damn Steve...you already logged 20 hours on the new ride? I think I have 4 and there was 1.1 on it when I bought it

First weekend I did 8 hours just so I could do the brake in fluids. at least that’s what I told my self. The following weekend I had to do Glamis. there just to much fun !!! Now I am jonesing as it has been getting a makeover @ SDR all week. I Love the new shocks and almost went with the 2.0s on the front. but I told my self I only wanted to do this once. I don’t think there is much of a price difference between the two. the weight to me was not enough to justify not having the extra oil. Either way you cant go wrong. both the 2.0 and the 2.5 are better than anything else i have tried. Cognito really stepped the Fox shox up with there technology<O:p</O:p
<O:p I will be doing the ROTR next month. That is going to be a blast with these shocks.</O:p

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

Most of what I posted is correct, huh??? If you read my post I stated that they use 2.0's on their vehicle. Note, I did not say "all" because that would be an untrue statement since don't even know how many cars they have. Plus they are endorsing the 2.5 shocks, so they would have to develop the new product and have guys racing them. Secondly, the 2.0 is lighter than the 2.5. Sorry, just unclear as to why "most" of what I wrote was correct. With all due respect of coarse.
The 2 main reasons I reccomended the 2.0 front set up for you car is the added wheel travel out of our 2.0 front shock and I dont currently have a dual rate spring for the heavier 4 seat cars for a 2.5 front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000