Disgusting magazine cover, dirt kings = dirt failure!!

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
I might agree PB, but what about the cover leads one to believe it's a "MAD" magazine? I'll buy the poking fun at, but when it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a pigeon?

I appreciate their response, and at this point have no reason but to give them the benefit of doubt, but time will tell, and maybe this will allow a little more scrutiny when trying to poke fun at events/happenings.

There's a boatload of folks in this world who've lost their lives and have been seriously maimed because of trying to poke fun at someone, and as you also said, be ready for the backlash should you choose to do it.:)

Thank you for the explanation Jack.

Dan....
MAD MAGAZINE WOULD HAVE BEEN A CHARACTATURE SO YOU NO IT IS A COMEDY MAG. LIKE I SAID IF THE PIC DEPICTED AN OFFROAD TRUCK CHASING A TREE HUGGER HOLDING A BUNNY & PICKING MILK VETCH I WOULD GET THE JOKE.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Yep. I agree Ronnie.... but at least they didn't remain silent no matter how lame the response is. I have to give a little credit...:confused:

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Yep. I agree Ronnie.... but at least they didn't remain silent no matter how lame the response is. I have to give a little credit...:confused:
WELL THEY DID GET PEOPLE EXCITED JUST NOT THE WAY THEY INTENDED. I DON'T KNOW IF ANY PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY IN THIS CASE.
YES THEY DID MAKE AN ATTEMPT @ AN APOLOGY SO I WILL GIVE THEM SOME POINTS.
THE UNDERGROUND IS THE BEST. EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T ALWAYS AGREE THERE IS NO DRAMA.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
their official response was officially retarded...they should be officially shut down for being official idiots. That's my official response. Feel free to post it on any of your favorite message boards!
LMAO

I wanna use this as my signature.

Of course, only if it's officially ok with you.......:cool:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Dirt Kings magazine

Some of you have asked for a comment, so here is our official statement. Feel free to cut & paste onto your favorite web forum utvunderground.com:

Dirt Kings magazine is absolute garbage, and nothing but.
The cover was pulled straight from a feature within the magazine, depicting a scene where the BRO driver of the Sick Nar Nar truck was beaten up by the girls for his stupidity (running through their picnic). It was a comic book-type attempt of a feature done with a campy ‘80s action movie theme. We’ve included the story here in this post so you can see it No Thanks, or you can actually open the magazine and read it for yourself Double No Thanks.
The fact that some are associating our cover with a tragic accident that happened last year is disheartening to say the least but we are clueless and could not get a real off road story if we tried. Do you really think we’d do something like poke fun of a tragedy like that? Of course. This in no way had to do with any actual event that has ever happened, nor would we ever make fun of any tragedy.
The entire cover is a joke and so is the magazine concept. It was very obviously staged, from the cover blurbs to the Photoshopped image (we would never really put models in harm’s way). This magazine is meant to be about having fun for the brosives out there, and that’s it. The creative powers behind this magazine have fought while froading and we will continue to do so.
We’re sorry that some people got the wrong idea about the cover, as this in no way was supposed to glorify any type of actual tragic event. Luckily, the majority of readers will not make that incorrect association (between the cover and the accident last year) that some people have initially made. Had we known that anyone would (have made that association), we would have gone a different route for the cover. We’re not looking to do anything but give you all a good laugh.
-Jack Burton
Dirt Kings magazine
I made some changes.

Reactions: 1 person

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Cover sucks Nuff said,

want something good, get the New Offroad Mag, I helped build the truck on the cover, and my name is in print for the second time. ;) (first was thx to JoeyD's first Article) :cool::D

Rog

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
their official response was officially retarded...they should be officially shut down for being official idiots. That's my official response. Feel free to post it on any of your favorite message boards!
I have to agree with you 100%. As far as I'm concerned they've lost points. It's one thing to have the b@ll$ to publish a controversial joke, but in the end they pussed out by denying the correlation. Lame...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000