Do you need GPS to race

DirtyEntertainment

Dec 30, 2018
Upland, CA (SoCal)
I’m getting my Polaris together to race PURE events at Cal City. It’s my plan to eventually figure out my GPS and mapping situation. But until then, can I race these events without it or would I just be out hoping to follow some dust somewhere?

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
If the courses you race are marked well I would imagine you could race with out it. If you plan to be competitive I would highly recommend you learning it and studying it, if your in dust or running a fast pace and corners come up you will not know what’s coming up without a gps. My co driver is glued to the gps the entire race and it keep us on track and able to drive better knowing what’s coming up. Good luck in your racing adventure

DirtyEntertainment

Dec 30, 2018
Upland, CA (SoCal)
Thx 702! I was a little embarrassed asking the question and figured it was perceived as a pretty stupid one at that because I didn’t get any reply’s right away. But then again, if I knew, I wouldn’t have asked. Your answer to me was pretty much as I surmised. I thought it would be doable to race but yes, how competitive can I really be without a GPS and course mapping. Now that the car is finished for the most part, I’m just anxious to actually get out and race it since that was the driving force in the build. But being a rookie, I don’t want to piss everybody off by being the cholesterol of the course and in everybody’s way. However, I know that’s enevatable until I get a little more experience. The car has been a garage project and as such, it’s been pieced together as finances allow. She’s runnin’ now and pretty much ready to race but I’m still looking into what GPS setup I want to put together. I’m kind of shooting for the PURE 150 at Cal City in February as my/our first race. Thx again 702, I appreciate your time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000