Polaris Dragonfire’s Front A-Arm Supports

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
I’ve been toying with the idea of strapping all these lug locations together DIY after seeing holes peanut or figure eight or tabs fall off and nothing on the market I like. Some just strap the front since it had easy access, which really does little to get the job done right, in the rear or fwd/aft. DF puts it together with some great looking structure exactly what I was thinking. Kevin said they used chromolly and lazer welds which are strong. Here they have combined plate and tubing. He said the upper stock bolt came up short on threads so they added a reduced head lock nut which is fine. No welding, drilling, frames mods can be returned to stock, race proven.

This design looks strong has my 100% endorsement. He said it be on their website soon, sells for around $400. Hats off DF!

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
I put this same exact thread on RZR.NET just to see the difference and where we are at. Within 24 hrs it had close to 500 hits and 14 replies other than mine. More if you count the two the mods removed for being "off topic and combative" drama queens! Altho I like the feedback I hate the way that site is managed, if your not in their click or a preferred vendor your thread or post gets moved to a low traffic off topic area for no reason as mine always do lol!(the thread is now in the DF area) If I were a non-prefered supporting vendor I'd drop that site....Hope this site never gets that way when it grows to their #'s and it will.

Here this thread got close to 100 hits 0 replies in 24 hrs. It's great for people to read, and I know there is alot of talent out there that can boost this sites #'s, but if you just read and don't offer your knowledge and experience we will never grow. I always make it a policy to give what I take a way from a site or at least try.

Just my .02. :)

Last edited:

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
Looks like its somthing PoPo should of done from the factory with thier flimsy chassis. Good job, hope you sell a ton of them.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Is this an XP issue? Sorry I did not see which sxs it pertains to other than Polaris.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
What baffles me about RZR.NET is my thread gets pulled from the high traffic 900XP general section to DF’s section while there is a UTV.INC door thread that stays just because I am showing everyone how much better DF design is. Can someone explain that to me, do some vendors pay more or is that the good ol buddy system lol. In line with how they treat there members too.

When I started looking at this site since people I went on rides with said the people are much nicer, more knowledge, less kids and drama, one thing I didn’t like is the lack of a XP900 section like RZR had. I see you can pick what car the thread is about here and I did but it’s hard to see.

Thanks Reed. Sometimes it’s difficult to explain complicated stuff simply but I try. What good is an engineer if they can’t explain themselves or communicate right! lol! It’s hard on forums. But yes that’s what I bring to the table. Back in the day we use to throw designs over the fence and tell fabricators to build it. That was a costly mistake, now fabricators help design I sit right next to a few I ask questions to and sometimes they take me to the shop to show me. I learned things just hanging in the pits with you guys too. We’re a team and all have equally valuable info to offer so chime in let me know if I am not explaining well and I let you know.

Agree popo should have incorprated this.

So if I wanted to cut a hole in the plate say 3” or so in diameter to service my diff what would be the best way to do that? That’s chromolly. Then if I’d want to fasten it back on are there fasteners that would work? Only thing I can think if is a single lug floating nut plate we use in aircraft not that I know where to get those. The nut would be in the cut out area if you know what I mean? That’s fine as long as I can my hand and a wrench up there. Or maybe cutting another larger cover out of something else like plastic would be better?

Last edited:

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
Your thoughts about that forum are shared by many.

I would think a small hole in the plate to service the diff would be fine. If your worried about the hole exposing the diff, what about putting several nutserts around the perimeter of the stiffner plate and put another flat plate over that one. Maybe made out of UHMW with counter sunk pan head bolts? Looks bullet proof as is though.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
we have upper and lower bolt on rear gussets coming soon
No offense to you guys at UTV Inc. on this one....

But, this forum seems to love you guys! So when you guys release something just like what DFR has done, everyone will say you MUST put on on your machine if you want it to hold up.

But, untill then, you get comments of "whats it doing?", "whats the next weak link" etc etc.

All I know is an a-arm is alot cheaper than a frame.

I think this response on my thread over there says it all. Bravo! Probably another reason it got moved. They should just rename the site to “UTV.INC and the MOD CLAN†lol! I hate favoritism and politics so much I’ll now avoid UTV.inc products and that site as much as possible. I’ve been of forums over a decade never seen anything like this. I’m hoping to recruit some of the better heads over here so even if you don’t own a 900XP chime in on my threads.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Your thoughts about that forum are shared by many.

I would think a small hole in the plate to service the diff would be fine. If your worried about the hole exposing the diff, what about putting several nutserts around the perimeter of the stiffner plate and put another flat plate over that one. Maybe made out of UHMW with counter sunk pan head bolts? Looks bullet proof as is though.
Is this what you mean by a nutsert? Nutserts

I'm not familular with them are they swaged on? Also, what is the name of the nut with the spring I see alot on rails and UTV's?

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
Yes those are nutserts. They are normally swedged in with a special rivit gun. The spring plates you are refering too are called dzus or zeus fastners which are normally used for non stuctural purposes such as body panels.

Last edited:

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Thanks Scott, Zeus forgot the name and how they go together? Looked all over the net for a pic? There are some rivets involved? Where does the spring go?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000