Eclipse rv reviews

Discussion in 'Tow Rigs, Toy Haulers, and RV's' started by dunerat, Jan 27, 2014.

1. sand shark

sand shark Well-Known Member

I had a 2009 Ragen for 7 years and it was a great trailer. I had one issue with the generator in the first year and some bracket bending that held the water tank. Just outgrew the trailer and moved on to a Motorhome in June.

2. dezertBandito

dezertBandito Member

i love my 06 attitude, like mentioned little stupid shit has popped up but nothing major.. Then again i didnt buy one for 50 brand new i bought a used one for 10k.. I guess the pain is much less when its done that way.

3. Andy

Andy Maverick - UTVUnderground Approved

I gotta agree, my Stealth is a shit box, but until recently it has given me little trouble. It's 6 years old and starting to fall apart.

4. warlock

warlock Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved

I feel sorry for the guy that got now of out crazy friend warrior, many a trip at Glamis Paul would tow it about 40 mph down sand highway by gecko road through the medium size whoops lol, it actually handled the whoops good. Frickin nut job.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

5. Kalop

Kalop XP900

Fuck my luck .. that's the exact camper I'd buy too.. I could see it advertised, "Barely used, like new" and off into the toyhauler hell of repairs I'd be into it.

6. jajl22

jajl22 Active Member

I know over the Thanksgiving weekend i saw some guys parked with some toy haulers in some crazy spots, had me shakin my heading thinking how the hell did you get that down here and really how in the hell are you going to get it out haha!

7. warlock

Trailers and motorhomes don't like articulation either as flexing breaks shit. I have seen windshields in motorhomes pop out and hit the street when flexed hard. I know of a guy who had a full wall slide pop out and fall to the ground on a snowy night in a Walmart parking lot. Seriously just get good at screwing and gluing these Bastards back together and that's all there is to it.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

8. Wildhorse

Wildhorse New Member

My In-Laws have a 27 or 28 foot Attitude 5th wheel Toy Hauler that they bought new back in 2006. The first year was pretty rough for them with it with lots of little nuisance items, but a couple of bigger things as well that he ended up fixing himself because his claims fell on deaf ears. They are shopping for a new rig and we are shopping for our first and we went out with them last weekend and one of the lots had new Attitudes and the Father In Law wouldn't even look inside them. Basically he had a RZR 800 until about a month ago and that was the heaviest thing that he had hauled in the back of it. Early on in his ownership he was driving down the highway and his buddy traveling behind him called him on his cell and told him that his passenger side tire didn't look right. It turned out that the frame had broken in two between the wheels on that side. He sent pictures, etc., to the manufacturer but nothing. No help or appearance to stand behind the product.

I guess he did it, or had some welding done to get home and then just fixed it himself after he got home. Most folks don't have this available to them, but his son (my brother in law) owns a fairly large RV repair and storage facility and he ended up beefing up that area of the frame on both sides and replacing both axles at his cost. I would say that having seen it myself I wouldn't buy one just because of the lack of support by the manufacturer when something really goes wrong. They still have the trailer and it still looks new even though they use is often. Now that it works as advertised they really seemed to have enjoyed it. Good luck....

9. dezertBandito

dezertBandito Member

That was probably us lol.

10. warlock

My recommendation is if you live in socal and live close to the factory then you can take it there and make them repair it. If you live out of state you better be happy with the place you buy it from cause they will only be able to do so much for you.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

11. spence3601

spence3601 New Member

I have a 2003 26' bumper tow attitude about a year ago I was unloading it after a trip and noticed the rear garage door wasn't touching the ground on the right side we were on flat concrete at my shop so looked underneath and the frame had broke behind right rear tire !!! Looked across and left side about to go aswell !!! We welded some 3/8" plates all along the inside of the frame on both sides it's stronger now than it ever could be ! Also we had problems for years with tires rubbing the inner wheel
    Well when Turning. We took it to our local trailer repair place and they said our axels were shot ? Wth ? So we put in better higher rated load capacity and it solved problem the mechanic told
    Us the stock ones were underrated !!! Anyways remember they build these things with the cheapest crap possible and there all the Same no matter what brand you buy !!! I'm due for an upgrade wifey wants a nicer one. I will
    Buy a used one and reinforce the frame myself and axels . They all have lil BS problems I've fixed so many can't Remember them all , we are on our second roof also the sun just kills them . I've always thought to rip off the vinyl roof and find a place to spray it thick with white Bedliner I bet would last forever since the sun doesn't seam to Damage that stuff .. any how good luck with your trailer your not alone !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017