Yamaha Engine cutting out at RPM???

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
well I am stumped....I have now grounded the reverse swich wire.....I have pulled the spark plug cable and the screw was 1/2 turn loose so I tightened it.....I replaced my ProComm CDI with a DYnatek....Still cutting out?

Again guys, this problem happened with my OLD stock fuel pump and lines, I have since changed to a new high volume pump and fule lines from Weller Racing. I have also pulled the entire carb apart and cleaned all jext and made sure it was all waorking properly and it is......I am thinking it has to be electrical....I am wondering f that black plastc 90deg connector fort he reverse swich wire has broken inside and even though I grounded it out it is still messed up. It sure feels like its a rev limiter?????

HELPPPPPPPPPPP

fyrfly6

Oct 25, 2009
Salt Lake
Wish I could help. Went through the same items this mourning and still cutting out. I was really hoping it was the reverse wire. Headed back out to run through some more wire. At least it is not 35 degrees there! Gotta move back to warmth....

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Joey- have you called Jason yet? I know he'll help you with this!

Also, since it sounds like something came loose when you bottomed out, have you actually checked your spark plug boot to be sure it's on the end of your plug securely? Mine used to pop loose when racing (through the whoops) and it would run like total sh*t or just die - we all wound up zip-tying them to the engine block to keep them in place during races after that.......

It could be sitting on the plug still, but not snapped in properly.....

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
yeah corry, I called Jason last week. He told me to call him back after I changed the CDI and I just did that today. I hate bothering you guys on the weekends. He has already gone way out of his way for me. I do plan to call him on monday.

As for the spark plug boot, I did pull it off, tighten the little screw on the inside, and when I put it on I can feel it snap really good on there? It doesnt feel loose or anything???

I am just stumped and frustrated.. I want to go ride so bad!! hahahahhahha I have looked at all my wiring and it all looks good to me. Everything ont he coil feels tight and secure. I think I just need someone else who knows whats up to lay eyes on it......

motogary2

The Blue Bomber - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 14, 2009
riverside ca
yeah corry, I called Jason last week. He told me to call him back after I changed the CDI and I just did that today. I hate bothering you guys on the weekends. He has already gone way out of his way for me. I do plan to call him on monday.

As for the spark plug boot, I did pull it off, tighten the little screw on the inside, and when I put it on I can feel it snap really good on there? It doesnt feel loose or anything???

I am just stumped and frustrated.. I want to go ride so bad!! hahahahhahha I have looked at all my wiring and it all looks good to me. Everything ont he coil feels tight and secure. I think I just need someone else who knows whats up to lay eyes on it......
have you tryed a electric fuel pump thats wat was wrong with mine at m4sx last tear

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
just spoke to Jason Weller.....he thinks I may have a peice of metal in the stator/flywheel now that we have done most of the basic bolt on checks..... He is sending me another coil just to try first but it looks like I got to pull the stator out.......

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
thanks Keith! I dropped my car off today with Trevor Smith aka 747Ink. He is going to pull the stator and hopefully get the car runnign tits. He is also going to fab a bracket to hold my Carb steady to the motor and wire my PTT buttons on my MOMO steering wheel! I should be good to go for King Of The Hammers!

Thanks To Jason at WellerRacing.com for calling me up on a Saturday and spending some time on the phone with me. Always going above and beyond.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
well my boy Trevor Smith at 747Ink came through and saved the day!!!!! Trevor fixed my car. It was the stator. He replaced it and the pick up and now the car is running better than ever. It is also charging! LOL something it wasnt doing before.

I owe trevor big time. I dropped it off Sunday afternoon and picked it up Monday evening all dialed in! I cant wait for King Of The Hammers.

Weather its building a custom fiberglass boday kit (lke trevor did on my car) or a full motor rebuild Trevor is your man!!!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
STATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trevor thinks it was a grizzly stator in your car. Who was right? STATOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000