For everyone considering a new truck

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
i had a 12 model 6.7 ford F350 up untill this last march.

after it sold i bought the new 14 dodge 3500 with 850HO and aisin trans

after owning both, i can say for certain the dodge is built differently, and more stout. i was at superlift offroad park and got in a situation where i had my dodge flexed like this, and it stayed solid, just as the video shows. my ford you could see the bed flex and jiggle on bumpy roads and it would most definitely flex like the video.

there were some good things about the ford, it came with nice BFgoodrich tires, the ride was pretty good for a 1ton, and it physically felt fast. if you needed to get from one redlight to the next in a hurry, it felt quick.

pretty much everything else about a diesel truck, the ram wins.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
My next truck will be a Ram, but I like my F350 still and the 6.7 has been awesome. I enjoy the flexing and I have confidence my tailgate won't pop open when I'm flexing over boulders.....safety first...LOL

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Our 2014 F350 held up pretty damn well on its wild ride through the Baja desert with nobody awake at the wheel. I'm pretty sure any other truck would have broke something. It definitely helped it had a Cognito lift on it though

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
I have a 11 F-250 6.7 and a 08 Dodge 3500 6.7, both are rock solid trucks and towing beasts. Here is my take

Fords interior is 200% better, seats, dash controls, all are better.
Ram exhaust brake is better.
Ram seems to tow stronger
Ram is easier to work on, water pump, 45 minutes, everything is easy to access.
Ram seems to ride better.
We use both trucks for towing extensively and if I was spending money I would consider both but the Ram seems to be a touch stronger.

I did recently pull the OEM Ram seats for a very nice set of Mastercraft custom seats after the Baja 1000.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Thats a shame Randy I think that the new Ram 1500 with the eco diesel will be hands down the best light duty truck on the road.
I'm with you!! But, the price tag on the new eco diesel sucks!! Big money

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
calsty you should look at the newer dodge, 13+ interiors.

my buddy, after seeing my truck, wanted something new. he went and drove everything on the market, and literally just wanted something better than me, and ended up with a F350 platinum. which was a $78,000 truck. the King Ranch package was a step down from my interior, the only way to get a nicer interior than what my truck has was for him to step up to a Platinum. Which he apparently didnt mind doing just to be the big dog. The new Dodge interior is JAM UP nice. i have a Laramie, with all the bells and whistles, and its as nice or nicer than anything else on the market, except for the Platinum just because it has a little more flash. I prefer not to have the wood grain and garbage that the high end trucks have, so i actually prefer my interior in the new Dodge. PLUS, my truck was $53,000 OTD so mine literally kicked my buddies ace in every dept. i got rid of the ford because of mileage. it got 13-14 unloaded and 9-10 towing at best. i take cross country trips all year long chasing races and the fords fuel mileage was killing me. sure it pulled, and it rode nice, but it wasnt anything near what this new dodge is.

dodge has better fuel mileage, the best engine brake i have seen (and yes i have seen the videos on youtube for the big truck comparison that all sway GM) most pulling power, nicest interior, most roomy( megacab) and just all out grunt and looks. just looks tough as crap. downsides, it comes with cheap tires that you need to throw away when you pull it off the lot. mine has a rear end howl at crusing speed when unloaded they cant (wont) fix, and it rides pretty hard (but it was meant to tow 30,000lbs with 6,000 payload in the bed) so its a bit harsher than most of the others.

the big selling point for me was seeing this guy here. i had to pull in and ask him how much he was pulling, he said 36,400 and he runs 75-80 everywhere. yes it looks loaded down, but he has a tahoe in the bed. talk about alot of hitch weight.

Attachments

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Dodge hands down. I have a fleet of fords i work on and would never buy one. I own a new 14 tundra right now but will be going back to a dodge diesel when the lease is up. Its a nice truck but a pig on gas.

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Thats a shame Randy I think that the new Ram 1500 with the eco diesel will be hands down the best light duty truck on the road.
Not a shame at all my friend. I'm very happy with the deal I got for the truck I wanted. Besides, I didn't want a diesel!

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Dodge hands down. I have a fleet of fords i work on and would never buy one. I own a new 14 tundra right now but will be going back to a dodge diesel when the lease is up. Its a nice truck but a pig on gas.
They are gas eaters for sure. Cant wait until Tundra comes out with a diesel. I think next year maybe.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Cummins is a great motor but the crate it comes in not so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000