Yamaha FST vr DFR

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Dont start Turbo!

The DFR Kit is a good kit, so is the FST, and obviously Magnum is bad ass. You can also consider Long Travel Industries if you want a boxed kit as I believe he makes one. Like Blue said, HRT has a decent rhino kit as well.

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
Dont start Turbo!

The DFR Kit is a good kit, so is the FST, and obviously Magnum is bad ass. You can also consider Long Travel Industries if you want a boxed kit as I believe he makes one. Like Blue said, HRT has a decent rhino kit as well.
OK tell me if I am miss informed .... pismo wet sand 3 to 4 in of dry on top makes for a Violante tureen and a box arm would do best????I don't want to start a all out war I truly want to make the right chose on this ...

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I have been racing with the dfr kit for 2 seasons and this kit works awesome.I have had other kits but they didnt turn as well as the dragonfire kit.I also have had a couple of hard roll overs and and have bent everything but the arms. They also weighed 8 lbs less than my tube a arms.My 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 person

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
if you are looking for a bomb proof kit you have to have a beefed up frame especially at the pivot points. also you want to spend the time valving your shocks for your style of driving. not one single kit out there will be setup for what you want to do with it.

best thing is to buy a kit with a dealer or manufacturer that is close to you and knows his kit. spend the time and money to properly spring and valve your shocks.

you might want to look into hydrolic bumpstops for the hard landings.

other boxed kits to consider would be Mafia and Throphy Engineering. i dont completely believe a round tube kit is not as strong as some boxed kits though. i have crashed my LSR kit 8 times or so and have pulled the tabs off my frame without damage to my arms.

Reactions: 1 person

TURBO

Jan 16, 2009
frame is buy far ready have not had any issue with it since we installed frame stiffeners and fixed some other week points .... close to me is BRM or MAG. but fox comes out here for testing at our los olivos track and I have a buddy that will have king set up ..... but only BRM gose to pismo

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
frame is buy far ready have not had any issue with it since we installed frame stiffeners and fixed some other week points .... close to me is BRM or MAG. but fox comes out here for testing at our los olivos track and I have a buddy that will have king set up ..... but only BRM gose to pismo

put down the bottle while trying to splain yourself. i get the frame part but the rest??????????

TURBO

Jan 16, 2009
best thing is to buy a kit with a dealer or manufacturer that is close to you and knows his kit. spend the time and money to properly spring and valve your shocks.

close to me is BRM or MAG. but fox comes out here for testing at our los olivos track and I have a buddy that will have king set up ..... but only BRM gose to pismo

so I can get the shock diled in but not where I ride

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
close to me is BRM or MAG. but fox comes out here for testing at our los olivos track and I have a buddy that will have king set up ..... but only BRM gose to pismo

so I can get the shock diled in but not where I ride
in my opinion shock tunning is the most important thing you can do for any LT kit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000