Fuel station question

Brayla

Oct 4, 2013
Southern AZ
I recently purchased a 2007 Rage'n Falcon 3405 and the fuel gauge has a 20\40 button on it that I assume is a scale of some sort but not sure? I have heard that some fuel stations will not pump if you are under a certain amount of fuel in the tank? So you don't run out of fuel for Genny. Right now if I push the 40 button it reads a half tank, if I push 20 it's empty. My fuel station will not pump! There's only one tank but does it have some sort of overflow where it has to be so full to start filling for the toys? And if its below that point the pump won't come on? Anyone else familiar with this type of set up I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Tony

sconym

Aug 30, 2012
My WW has separate tanks for fuel station and generator. I bet yours is same way. 20 gallon for generator, and 40 gallon for fuel station.

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
I recently purchased a 2007 Rage'n Falcon 3405 and the fuel gauge has a 20\40 button on it that I assume is a scale of some sort but not sure? I have heard that some fuel stations will not pump if you are under a certain amount of fuel in the tank? So you don't run out of fuel for Genny. Right now if I push the 40 button it reads a half tank, if I push 20 it's empty. My fuel station will not pump! There's only one tank but does it have some sort of overflow where it has to be so full to start filling for the toys? And if its below that point the pump won't come on? Anyone else familiar with this type of set up I would appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Tony
My "guess" is, if there is only one tank, it is set up as you describe. In other words the bottom portion of the tank is for the generator and the upper portion is for the toys...

Brayla

Oct 4, 2013
Southern AZ
My "guess" is, if there is only one tank, it is set up as you describe. In other words the bottom portion of the tank is for the generator and the upper portion is for the toys...
Thanks... I'm "guessing" the same but I'd like to avoid putting 60gl of fuel in it that I won't burn in the gen and that I can't get out if there is a pump problem, so I was hoping somebody that has the same setup could help. I'm going to jump the pump and see if it comes on tonight and if it does.... I guess I'll fill her up and see what happens.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
common pump problem if you hear trying to pump but nothing happening is the plastic sprocket inside the pump swells and gets stuck. To fix, open the pump and pull out the sprocket. Sand the plastic down to make thinner, replace and typically works. I've seen this when the pump sits in gas for a while between runs, heat and all.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/outlaw-exterior-fuel-station-pump-fix-90890.html
I would bet that the Pump gears are swollen to. Crack loose the bolts on the plate that holds the pump gears and turn it on, sometimes they start pumping or you gotta loosen them more but don't have any sparks around cause when super loose it will spray out the plate. Been there. Wore that. LOL. Sand the gears faces down or buy new gears.

sconym

Aug 30, 2012
Chances are that if it a Great Plains pump and the gears are swollen and not working.... Great Plains will replace them for free. They have done mine twice.

Brayla

Oct 4, 2013
Southern AZ
I appreciate the input from everyone, I haven't had a chance to spend tear in to it because work has been crazy but as soon as I get to the bottom of it I'll post up what I find.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000