All UTV's Gearing R1 rhino for sand dunes?

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
WE should talk rollout instead. Blasters have a 88" Roll out and they are a heavy molded tire so since your running a. 2wd system those will. Need more paddles. These new extreme Skat-Trak tires are 93 to 95" Roll out so they are taller but they are substantially lighter which is easier on the drive train since there is less Rotating mass to get spinning so common sense alone tells.me the Skat-Trak tire will be easier to get moving than the heavy molded STU. As you can see in the pictures they have the wide floatation you are looking for but not the weight. The little extra height will not throw your cars gearing off.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
The reason I believe you especially need a light weight tire and wheel is because you are using a R1 clutch system in a heavy car that is a lot heavier than and motorcycle. And the clutch on the motorcycle deals with a smaller and lighter drive system. Now your pushing a heavy car through Heavy axles and then add some big heavy tire. I would be doing everything I could to go as light as possible. IMHO but what do I know.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Taking off was a breeze once i started using the blaster.

Warlock, I am a Skat Trak guy thru and thru.....And those new tire look sweet, but on the R1 I think that the extreme paddle may be a little too much. It has No give. I guess maybe if the tire float's a little better that may help as well though.

Another thing I always found about Skat Trak was some tires worked better than other based off what carcus was used.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Taking off was a breeze once i started using the blaster.

Warlock, I am a Skat Trak guy thru and thru.....And those new tire look sweet, but on the R1 I think that the extreme paddle may be a little too much. It has No give. I guess maybe if the tire float's a little better that may help as well though.

Another thing I always found about Skat Trak was some tires worked better than other based off what carcus was used.
Well Jim you know the Skats Are the best and this tire is made by Tim at Extreme Tire specific for Skat-Trak to make into a paddle tire of and combination of paddles weather it's gliders, extreme blades, haulers, rippers, 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,16,18,19,20 how ever many blades a guy can use.
This tire carcass starts life out as a light weight bald tire engineered for Skat Trak from the start not some mud tire all shaved down. On a CMS wheel the combination weights 26 lbs each rear. The front tires are 23 on rims. So there ya go. How can a guy beat that.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: ALEX

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Well Jim you know the Skats Are the best and this tire is made by Tim at Extreme Tire specific for Skat-Trak to make into a paddle tire of and combination of paddles weather it's gliders, extreme blades, haulers, rippers, 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,16,18,19,20 how ever many blades a guy can use.
This tire carcass starts life out as a light weight bald tire engineered for Skat Trak from the start not some mud tire all shaved down. On a CMS wheel the combination weights 26 lbs each rear. The front tires are 23 on rims. So there ya go. How can a guy beat that.

I'd bet its the next big thing.

Reactions: warlock

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I'd bet its the next big thing.
I would think so considering what gains are offered by running it. Light weight , taller Roll out for better ground clearance and the ability to custom build it any way you want for any application

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000