Polaris Helix Angles?

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I'm getting ready to order a Team non EBS helix for my 15 XP 4 1000. There are 3 angle options available. A 56, 58, and a 60. What exactly changes with a steeper helix angle? Also what is the stock angle?

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Welcome to the clutching game ;)

A steeper helix angle will allow the clutch to upshift faster, it will lower your rpm at which your clutch upshifts, and if you have the power it will get you to your top speed quicker...... (great for dirt road riding)

A less aggressive of an angle will, keep your Rpm's higher, allow the clutch to upshift slower (better for sand riding, larger tires, higher elevations)

Off the top of my head i don't recall the stock 4 seat Xp1000 angle

Branden

Reactions: tatum and Rynomx785

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Welcome to the clutching game ;)

A steeper helix angle will allow the clutch to upshift faster, it will lower your rpm at which your clutch upshifts, and if you have the power it will get you to your top speed quicker...... (great for dirt road riding)

A less aggressive of an angle will, keep your Rpm's higher, allow the clutch to upshift slower (better for sand riding, larger tires, higher elevations)

Off the top of my head i don't recall the stock 4 seat Xp1000 angle

Branden
Thanks Branden..... I am thinking the middle of the road 58 is probably my best bet.

And yeah, this whole CVT clutching thing is a pain in the ass.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
i have billet helix available that are multi angle you can choose which angles you want to run on whichever day you decide. one angle for sand duning, the other angle for open roads. In every racing application we tend to push people to ditch the stock helix and go with a non engine braking helix.

your stock helix is a multi angle it begins at a 56 degree and progresses to a 60 degree.

Branden has a good idea of how it all works. and explained it in a very useful and understandable manner. it truly depends on what you do, how you ride, where you ride, and what you are riding as to what helix will be best for you.

Reactions: Rynomx785

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I run in the dunes during the winter and summer consists of night rides in the desert and high altitude camping trips at 7000 plus feet so an adjustable helix sounds like a great idea. What is the cost?

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Thanks Branden..... I am thinking the middle of the road 58 is probably my best bet.

And yeah, this whole CVT clutching thing is a pain in the ass.

For the Dunes we don't have to do clutch kits with the Skat Trak tires as they are so light compared to stock that the cars run out awesome and were seeing speeds over 70 MPH with Skats and we dont lose RPM, the Heavy molded tires require a clutch kit to try and get the power back some but its not gonna let it perform the same as the lighter tires do. So Im going to assume that you bought some heavy STU tires and now your trying to Get some power back. Adam will be your best bet to gain some of what you lost back. Good luck with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000