Polaris help! rzr 800 leaking oil out of stator/flywheel cover

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
Hi Everyone,

looking for some input on a oil leak. I took my motor and trans out of 08 rzr 800 due to a leak in my tranny. while everything was out I also noticed a leak in the stator/ flywheel cover. I took the cover out and a good amount of oil came out. I noticed I had a little to much oil in the motor could the leak just be because the excess oil or is my leak prob. caused due to a bad seal? any and all input is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

The actual seal is called Bearing, Main Journal item: 3585704. Before I buy a flywheel puller and bearings I would like to better diagnose the problem

Thanks again

Frank Steele

Jul 2, 2014
Southern California
Overfilling could certainly cause the fluid to blow out of the seal. If it was me and you already have the motor pulled out I would change the seal to be safe..............the seal is only a few bucks and a little bit of your time. Would hate to see you put it all back together again only to pull it back out and replace the seal.

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
thanks for the reply. I agree I should just replace the seal. Hate to ask but does anyone have any input on how to replace the seal? Service manual doesn't really provide any info. Thanks in advance

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
You have to tear the engine down almost all the way. I've seen a thread a long time ago about replacing the seal on the clutch side with the engine still in the car. They used a different seal. It was on another forum though. Maybe you could do something like that? Otherwise it's tear the whole thing down and the gaskets and seal are almost 400 bux. Polaris is really proud of there gaskets and seals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000