Help Save Johnson Valley

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Proposed Marine Base Expansion into Johnson Valley Public Meetings, Dates and Locations Announced

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is encouraging riders to attend one of the recently announced Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center proposed base expansion public meetings. The proposed expansion may restrict access to the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Area. These meetings will be hosted by the United States Marine Corps (USMC) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).

More here: American Motorcyclist Association

granny

OG Ninjet
Sep 23, 2009
Johnson Valley, Ca.
"The Marine Corps requests your input!"
Visit the project website at www.marines.mil/unit/29palms/las to learn more about the project, provide comments and link to other resources.
Mail written comments to
Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southwest
ATTN: 29Palms EIS Project Manager
1220 Pacific Highway
San Diego, Ca. 92132-5190

All comments must be postmarked or received by May 26, 2011, for inclusion in the final EIS.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
SAVE THE HAMMERS

SavetheHammers.com, Johnson Valley, CA

Welcome to SavetheHammers.com, your one stop spot to get involved to keep Johnson Valley and Stoddard Valley (Johnson Valley is mostly known for the famous "Hammers") open to motorized recreation. This website is not maintained very often and is designed to mostly get you LINKED to the right Friends groups or information you need to help us keep the Hammers open.

Save the Hammers

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Just sent to Jerry Lewis 41st District:

Dear Congressman Lewis,

I know times are tough and the economy, gasoline prices and health-care are on the front burner of everyone's agenda, but I felt the need to write to you because a situation, which I'm sure you know about, is getting out of hand.

The situation I'm speaking of, is the land grab that the military is attempting in District 41's Johnson Valley. While it may seem trivial to some, it has a huge impact on my family and friends, not to mention the local economy.

My son and I enjoy offroading immensely. Why not, all there is to do in the desert is ride in the dirt!

Unfortunately, each year our riding areas become both smaller and farther away. Both of which cause a great burden by taking longer to get to a location to enjoy the sport, but also the enormous additional cost in fuel to get there. I don't think I need to tell you about the price of gas in our great state.

With the reduction in riding areas, it becomes increasingly more dangerous for those of us that participate. This is one concern that hits home for us because my son was almost killed because of a crowded situation.

With the growth of over 300% in the last 10 years for our sport, we cannot afford to lose any space to recreate!

I want to solicit a small part of your attention, and ask that you are mindful of the attempts by the military to reduce the lands set aside for our sport.

While we must train our military, there's a whole big desert at Ft. Irwin and beyond, and this makes little sense that one of the most challenging and well known areas for offroading is being targeted by the military for annex.

We just held the Hammers off road event where over 60,000 people gather each year from all corners of the world. This is a boon to the local businesses and also advertises the great natural terrains that have become some of the most challenging in the world to conquer!

Please speak with those who can stop this travesty of government and point them in a different direction to save one of the best offroading locations in this country!

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Best regards,

Dan Kiewicz Jr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000