Yamaha HELP!!!

kkahabka

Dec 19, 2009
Gardnerville, Nevada
Ok here is the deal: 2006 Rhino 660, Blackrhino CDI, Looney Tuned Exhaust, K&N, Electric fuel pump, stock clutch. Ran great until now!!! I am having a terrible "popping" at mid-high rpm (about 5000-6000rpm). SO I adjusted the valves, cleaned the carb. and replaced a couple o-rings, replaced the fuel pump and filter, and the clutch seems to be operating properly. It is still popping! So I checked the boot from the back of the carb. to the intake, it looks fine, however I started it without the aircleaner and when the popping starts, it sprays FUEL out the FRONT of the carb.? Is this causing the popping? What the HECK?!?!?!:mad:

RZRS EDGE BILL

Cuttin' Up The Desert! - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 24, 2009
sounds like to much shims under buckets (Valves) or timing issue? just my .02, best of luck to you. maybe shered woodruff key at stator if have one. would effect crank sensor. seen that happen on a quad, same symptons though?

RZRS EDGE BILL

Cuttin' Up The Desert! - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 24, 2009
well, I feel maybe not so much the valve adjustment, however broken valve spring, slipped timing chain, or sheared woodruff key, could happen out of nowhere, could it be your exhaust is clogged, bad paking etc? symptons fit that too. something is creating back pressure to to blow fuel out the wrong way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000