All UTV's How and When did your UTV Passion start?

granny

OG Ninjet
Sep 23, 2009
Johnson Valley, Ca.
Got my first Rhino in 2004 and had to drive from O.C. to Phoenix to get it! All the dealers in the whole state of California had waiting lists and I don't like to wait for anything! After many mods and dollars on that slow turd, it finally got to be enjoyable! Having a son and grandson in the business really helps!
Gramps:D

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
Mine started back when lifted golf carts where hot. Then on a warm sunny day in 2008 I purchased a 2006 Arctic Cat Prowler 650 XT. Converted to a 4 seater for family fun we put over 4000 miles on it. We drove it from the desert, mountains for camping trips, to the sand dunes. I just sold it a few months back in preperation for a purchase of a factory 4 seater UTV upgrade soon. Wow what a wonderful machine it was. The friendships and memories made from having this UTV are priceless.

Attachments

Last edited:

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Mine started in 2005 when I stopped by Thad's shop SoCalFab. Thad built the most bad ass long travel suspensions for quads and when ever i could stop by and see what he was working on.

Anyways one day he had this green golfcart (Rhino) looking thing up on blocks with all the suspension taken off. I said what the heck is that? he said a Yamaha Rhino, a customer of mine wants me to build a long travel suspension for it. I thought to myself that's lame, what a waste of money.

A couple of weeks go by and I stop by again and its finished with a +6 suspension with a set of Kings, It looked bad ass!! I ask Thad how does it drive? He says its fun just a little slow.

Fast fwd to 2006, I want one!! I have seen a few running around the desert when we go riding. Valentines day is coming up and I said to myself I bet my wife would like one of those. As the saying gos, Its easier to ask for forgivness then to ask permission. This is what I kept telling myself. So the search was on!
I found out only select Yamaha dealers would get 3 to 5 per yr. Crap!! Im going to have to pay full price +. Oh well.....So I did $12,700 OTD.

Valentines day 2006 comes and I give it to her and she love's it, and 3,300mi later and $30K invested and the whole family love's it.

Recently on a trip to Mammoth with La Famillia just pushed her over the edge after a long ride in a friends XP, she tells me "It's about time to step it up," So with that being said she twistes my arm and we go see Art at Berts Mega Mall and we get his and her's XP's.

Yeah, she's keeper and a driver.....Love ya Tammy!!

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
Growing up at the Sand Dunes in.Oregon we would be out every day back in the 70's..either in the jeep, 3 Wheelers, or honda Odyssey..
Got tired of that and went into street cars and dragracing for 20 years then in 04 we decided to go back to our roots..Jeeps...then we thought about quads.. then we were on vacation down in CA. and went found Octotillo Wells and we seen our 1st Rhino...
Came back to Oregon and ordered an 06 sport..had to wait 2 months for it
Hubby keep it stock for about a year...
We needed to keep the 4 wheel drive for our trails up here ..,
So it became Rotax power time
Then when the Commander was talked about being released I ordered one before I knew what it was going to look..
Thanks to Brian B he got to be one of the test bunnies and told me I should buy it...lol and too Jon Crowley for taking me for at ride at Dunefest with his demo XT...
I Was hooked....
Now if the sport Can-Am is all of what the hype is. We may have a 3rd family member...
Happy riding to everyone:D:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

WildOffroad

Dec 13, 2011
After We built a 2 seat buggy and realized the riding areas here in MN were limited, so I bought a '12 Wildcat for more access to OHV riding areas. Having a blast with it btw!!! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000