Incident on 3N93 Holcomb Creek on Saturday 7-14-12

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
just spoke with the folks leading the charge on this and they asked me to start a new thread about the lawsuit.... please chime in and get involved!!

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
They are also going to discuss the sxs issue with the lawyers and see what comes of that. Good people and we had a lot of friends in common. She also has a 2003 polaris ranger :D

Also, after a conversation with a friend today, there was another group on the trail that weekend. Street legal rigs, that this group of AAT folks apparently had a problem with........ No discrimination for sure.. lol Was a bummer to hear.

Trail cop

Jul 16, 2012
If an AAT were to be set up in Frazier Park we would definitely push rocks around with you Dave. That's close for us on the north side of the Grapevine and I'll bet you'd get some volunteers from this way to help.
Thats a great idea. Try and do it close to where you live. It would suck doing the drive to BB all the time for you. Call the ranger station at Hungry Valley OHV park or in Frazier Park (I believe). They will give you all the info you need to adopt a trail. They are in the Los Padres NF so the SBNF can't help there.

Trail cop

Jul 16, 2012
Does anyone know what it takes to start this process? Does a guy just buzz down to the Ranger station, adopt a trail and bring it home? I could probably run to Frazier Saturday if thats where it all starts.
Not quite that easy but pretty much you have the right idea. Contact any ranger station in LPNF and they can tell you what trails are available for adoption and what is required.

Trail cop

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks Bill, it sounds like we have to get involved to protect ourselves from ignorant bureaucrats who sound as dumb as the BLM ones! Public law 86 (Fed) would disagree with that statement about plates, as well as Kalifornia Law CVC! But I get it the dumb asses couldn't find their butts with both hands and it tells me they don't understand the law or the constitution! :rolleyes: They live in their own little world! We need dates, this Saturday is Glenn Helen, but next Sat, I might be able to do my work and the forced labor for Obama! This is why people just do what they do, they make it so complicated, people throw up there hands and go home! But they do it with a smile, that is what they get paid for, public relations! :rolleyes:
Not everybody throws up their hands PB. There are a shit ton of folks out there doing the work to get this stuff changed. We have close to 3500 people involved in the SBNF AAT program, and we all write letters, send emails, attend meetings and call congress persons and local reps. That's why it is so important for the UTV community to rally the troops and get some representation in front of the policy makers. Myself and the others that you guys met last night are always ready to help other groups get up and running but it really comes down to you as a community getting some leaders out front. Do the home work, make the calls, and make sure the Fed knows who you are and what you want. It works for us, it will work for you. Thats why I invited you guys to the AAT meeting. There is also the OHV community which is a little more involved, but they really work closely with the two wheel and quad communities. They would be a good resource for you as well. I beleive Dave got the Yahoo AAT group address last night but if not we can get it to you.

Thanks for coming out last night. I really appreciate it. It was good to see some faces form this board. I understand your community a lot better now as well.

Thanks,
Kurt

Trail cop

Jul 16, 2012
I think if they win it will be a very good thing, but I am sure the greenies will try their best to fight it.
I would expect they will win because that law group actually has cash. They can stay the course and wear the environmental groups down, which is exactly what they have been doing to us for so long. Time to turn the table.

Trail cop

Jul 16, 2012
They are also going to discuss the sxs issue with the lawyers and see what comes of that. Good people and we had a lot of friends in common. She also has a 2003 polaris ranger :D

Also, after a conversation with a friend today, there was another group on the trail that weekend. Street legal rigs, that this group of AAT folks apparently had a problem with........ No discrimination for sure.. lol Was a bummer to hear.
Sounds like here say. I can assure you that we do NOT spend our time on the trail trying to make enemies. We go out of our way to be friendly, and if we get the abuse we frequently get from people just like some on this forum that don't like being told they can't do something, then we usually, USUALLY walk away. We are people too and make mistakes just like everyone else. We are trying to work with you guys and help you get the info you need to get your chosen off road vehicles more widely accepted in the places you love to wheel, but if we keep reading this kind of crap then we have to walk away. I really don't like trying to help people that don't give a shit.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Sounds like here say. I can assure you that we do NOT spend our time on the trail trying to make enemies. We go out of our way to be friendly, and if we get the abuse we frequently get from people just like some on this forum that don't like being told they can't do something, then we usually, USUALLY walk away. We are people too and make mistakes just like everyone else. We are trying to work with you guys and help you get the info you need to get your chosen off road vehicles more widely accepted in the places you love to wheel, but if we keep reading this kind of crap then we have to walk away. I really don't like trying to help people that don't give a shit.
Can't say I'd blame ya after this thread.

Thinkin I'm not too far behind.....

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Dirk, I took everything that your group came on here and posted with a grain of salt. I think that I have tried to keep an open mind but when I hear a second story from a VERY respectable person in the off road community you start to lose credit. It seems as though some folks in your group are pissing in others cheerios and maybe they are the ones that have an issue? I respect what you guys are doing I just simply posted that maybe something is going on that doesn't need to be. ? No need to cuss at me, it is a simple conversation.

offroader

Jul 16, 2012
But I could feel the vibe from the time we came into view we would have entertained their concerns in a more open way!
You obviously feel that everyone is against you. I see it in the many responses from you around this forum. I get the feeling you have the vibe with everyone and I don't see you entertaining anything that didn't come from you.
Finger pointing doesn't help at all,
That is all you have done since the beginning. You need to take your on advice.

so look at this as an opportunity to move forward with people who are NOW informed as to the potential problems on these trails!
We did with Rich and Bill.

Trail cop

Jul 16, 2012
Dirk, I took everything that your group came on here and posted with a grain of salt. I think that I have tried to keep an open mind but when I hear a second story from a VERY respectable person in the off road community you start to lose credit. It seems as though some folks in your group are pissing in others cheerios and maybe they are the ones that have an issue? I respect what you guys are doing I just simply posted that maybe something is going on that doesn't need to be. ? No need to cuss at me, it is a simple conversation.
I'm gonna have to bow out here. I will be available if you guys want information or help getting with the right people in the AAT or OHV programs, but I don't have the time or desire to keep defending our group from the negativity here. Certain people here have my contact information if anyone wants to get hold of me.
Wheel safe and good luck.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Thats a great idea. Try and do it close to where you live. It would suck doing the drive to BB all the time for you. Call the ranger station at Hungry Valley OHV park or in Frazier Park (I believe). They will give you all the info you need to adopt a trail. They are in the Los Padres NF so the SBNF can't help there.
Thanks Dirk. I already know the rangers up there, cause this is where I ride a lot. I will contact them soon and see how we can AAT. I hope we can all let the emotions settle Down a bit and work together. Best wishes to ya!!:)

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Certain people here have my contact information if anyone wants to get hold of me.
Thanks for the invite for information Dirk. I'm going to see about getting an AAT rolling in the Frazier area. I appreciate you being an available resource, no doubt this process will require some navigating.

I for one am glad to see level heads appearing around here:)

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
I'm gonna have to bow out here. I will be available if you guys want information or help getting with the right people in the AAT or OHV programs, but I don't have the time or desire to keep defending our group from the negativity here. Certain people here have my contact information if anyone wants to get hold of me.
eh, thought you just might want to know of the other groups bitchin about the attitude encountered on the trail. I won't lose any sleep over it as it's not my AAT group. Sorry if I offended you with a level headed conversation, come on back and continue the education on the AAT program. ;)

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Thanks Dirk. I already know the rangers up there, cause this is where I ride a lot. I will contact them soon and see how we can AAT. I hope we can all let the emotions settle Down a bit and work together. Best wishes to ya!!:)
Thanks for the invite for information Dirk. I'm going to see about getting an AAT rolling in the Frazier area. I appreciate you being an available resource, no doubt this process will require some navigating.

I for one am glad to see level heads appearing around here:)
X2.....we have a pretty strong army here that can do a lot more than drive the wheels off a SXS
On part of the forum and myself, thanks for making time to attend and listen in Rich. Keep us posted on what you hear on trail work in the future where members can help out and hopefully gain some respect to the UTV/SXS community.
Does anyone know what it takes to start this process? Does a guy just buzz down to the Ranger station, adopt a trail and bring it home? I could probably run to Frazier Saturday if thats where it all starts.
These are good positive post in my mind and I think with this thinking it will be a good start . There are a lot of thing we need to learn and I'm not a quick learner some times , but with 70 offroaders in the room last night , I felt that I was in the right place to start . I'm not going to post stuff that will just turn into a post war sorry just going to effen do it .

So friends lets see if we can get this ball rolling on level ground for now and show people that we can be thoughtful and respectful to others on and off the trail.:)

Trail cop

Jul 16, 2012
These are good positive post in my mind and I think with this thinking it will be a good start . There are a lot of thing we need to learn and I'm not a quick learner some times , but with 70 offroaders in the room last night , I felt that I was in the right place to start . I'm not going to post stuff that will just turn into a post war sorry just going to effen do it .

So friends lets see if we can get this ball rolling on level ground for now and show people that we can be thoughtful and respectful to others on and off the trail.:)
Yes, I do see a positive vain in this thread, and I am still in contact with others here via PMs, I just won't be posting up in the public threads anymore. At least not to the extent that I have been. I want to avoid anymore backsliding. Thanks for wanting to learn more and get involved.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
WE ALREADY HELP CLEANUPS @ GLAMIS & SUPERSTITION. WE CAN ORGANIZE A LA FAMILIA CLEANUP @ MECCA CANYON. MAYBE WE CAN ARRANGE A CLEANUP OF SUPERSTITION WHEN THE TERYX PEOPLE HAVE THEIR RIDE. THERE IS LOTS WE CAN DO & NEED TO DO TO KEEP OUR RIDING AREAS OPEN. ALSO VOTE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO KEEP US OFF PUBLIC LANDS.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I'll put this here for now just to give a idea of what others are doing different states, but same goal .
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvtxdr5g-zI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvtxdr5g-zI[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxlh2azrlw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxlh2azrlw[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOHck18e_s4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOHck18e_s4[/ame]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000