Incident on 3N93 Holcomb Creek on Saturday 7-14-12

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I was only giving you back a small dose of your own bs. Listen, I agree with you that government needs to be changed. I don't like these laws, and rules and restrictions anymore than you do. None of us do. But it's a fact of life. A fact that we need to change. I already suggested spending all this angst and frustration on the powers that be and not on us. If you were insulted by what was said to you that day, so be it. I already apologized for my group even though I wasn't there. We are as passionate about offroading as you are. So lets agree to stop the name calling and group bashing and get to what matters here. I look forward to seeing whoever comes to the meeting tonight, and I hope they come ready to explain your UTV plight in a way that isn't going to turn the officials off. The worst thing you can do is come to this meeting and start pointing fingers and calling the rangers names and shit like that. These are good people who have a job just like you, and they have to do that job or someone else will. Come speak to them in a respectful manner and lay it on the line for them. Greg is a super cool guy and will listen to you. Things can and will change for all of us, if your patient, vote the current aholes that are screwing us out of office, and most of all, make freinds with the guys on the street (forest roads in this case). They are, for the most part on our side. They like to offroad too.
Ok Dirk. This is a great post. If I pissed any of your members off, I am sorry. I am just passionate also and hate people telling me what I can and cannot do, especially when it comes to my access to my paid-for forrest. I am interested in AAT in Frazier Park LPNF, as many clubs up there already have AAT's (Without the limitation of "Licensed Only" access). I am sure I would love to camp and ride with you and put down cold ones at the campfire, even share some of Sizzler's garlic toast!! Take care, Dave

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Ok Dirk. This is a great post. If I pissed any of your members off, I am sorry. I am just passionate also and hate people telling me what I can and cannot do, especially when it comes to my access to my paid-for forrest. I am interested in AAT in Frazier Park LPNF, as many clubs up there already have AAT's (Without the limitation of "Licensed Only" access). I am sure I would love to camp and ride with you and put down cold ones at the campfire, even share some of Sizzler's garlic toast!! Take care, Dave
If an AAT were to be set up in Frazier Park we would definitely push rocks around with you Dave. That's close for us on the north side of the Grapevine and I'll bet you'd get some volunteers from this way to help.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I'm up for helping out near frazier park as well... Just as long as we can prevent the toyota club from riding our adopted trail ;) Just Jeeps and SxS :rolleyes: JUST KIDDING!!!!! ACCESS FOR ALL!!!!!! including those pesky MXers.... All joking aside, it would be great for us to put an effort forward to help keep these trails open, many places could be adopted and/or maintained and provide us an opportunity to represent our sport in a good manner :D and as usual, I'll be at the bar "liquor in front, poker in the rear" :eek:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I am serious. I would love to AAT a trail up here in lpnf with slacker , Xpirate etc.. Let's see how this progresses!!

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Ok , just got back from the meeting and I can see were some of the ???? came from reading some these post , that were asked to Greg a ranger that lives in big bear (nice guy) . I would say there was about 70 4x4 owner in the room and 4 of us from this forum and there was a little staring but what ever . Chuck and Dirk came right up to me and bill and me with open arms . We talked a little bit about trail work and this thread and if we as UTV owners would like to join in and help out in adopt a trail or support on one of the trail being worked on . We explained that alot of up live far a part and it just might not work out for some but better for others pending were the trail was , but this group of 4x4 owners were focused on the SB mountains -Big Bear -Arrowhead which is one of the many places I like to ride.

I think we all need to help and this group has there foot in the door and the 7 or so 4x4 clubs , also it was nice to listing to Ranger Greg which gave a lot of info and up coming law that might be passed :eek:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Ok , just got back from the meeting and I can see were some of the ???? came from reading some these post , that were asked to Greg a ranger that lives in big bear (nice guy) . I would say there was about 70 4x4 owner in the room and 4 of us from this forum and there was a little staring but what ever . Chuck and Dirk came right up to me and bill and me with open arms . We talked a little bit about trail work and this thread and if we as UTV owners would like to join in and help out in adopt a trail or support on one of the trail being worked on . We explained that alot of up live far a part and it just might not work out for some but better for others pending were the trail was , but this group of 4x4 owners were focused on the SB mountains -Big Bear -Arrowhead which is one of the many places I like to ride.

I think we all need to help and this group has there foot in the door and the 7 or so 4x4 clubs , also it was nice to listing to Ranger Greg which gave a lot of info and up coming law that might be passed :eek:
Greg is a great guy. I thought he was very informative and professional as well as understanding. So does the big eyeballs mean what's coming is REALLY bad? I hope not, I can't take anymore bad news right now.

I for one will participate because I'm close so I guess I've got to get together with a few of the other folks. Thanks Rich, wish I could've went with you. I just got home and was wondering all night at work how things went. Glad to hear it was positive.

Dan ...:)

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
On part of the forum and myself, thanks for making time to attend and listen in Rich. Keep us posted on what you hear on trail work in the future where members can help out and hopefully gain some respect to the UTV/SXS community.

offroader

Jul 16, 2012

Rich,

It was great meeting you guys last night. I think you can now see what we are up against. Thanks for coming.

Chuck

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I am serious. I would love to AAT a trail up here in lpnf with slacker , Xpirate etc.. Let's see how this progresses!!
Does anyone know what it takes to start this process? Does a guy just buzz down to the Ranger station, adopt a trail and bring it home? I could probably run to Frazier Saturday if thats where it all starts.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I already like the sound of "La Familia Trail System". Maybe UTVUG can help organize a fund raiser poker run or something? Someone take the bull by the horns and get this thing moving. At the rate it's going we need to start working hard to save these places so we have somewhere to ride when the deserts are closed.

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
all it takes is notifing the ranger. he will ask what trails we want to adopts. but first we need to volunteers.. theres aclean up 2weeks at the pinnacle staging area. if your interested, I hope utv owners showup in force saturday all day brush removal.

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
ok my english in school was not a good subject so here we go.The meeting was informative. they don't know what to do with utv. rzr 50" very clear on rules. larger rzr ????. we need represantation NOW in the sb mountians. as the ranger said if the forresty don't know what to do with sumthing they band it, till legislation direct them or a local groups works with them, to make them under stand why some thing needs to change or to remain. some tip of physical body (group) to meet with them. making comment on computer or letters aren't going to cut it . cal green or red sticker or cal lic plate only, out of state plate illegally in cal /fed forrest.check with dmv or local forresty office.

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
I think if they win it will be a very good thing, but I am sure the greenies will try their best to fight it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000