JAPAN EARTHQUAKE/TSUNAMI UPDATE

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This was sent to the Media just moments ago. I thought I would pass it along. It came with a message to share, this was a message they sent to all the dealers yesterday. I think I speak for everyone here at UTVUnderground when I say that our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan. This is a terrible tragedy and event that can and will affect us all in one way or another. It is also something that we here on the west coast of the USA are not immune too. With nuclear power plants on the coastline, faultlines up and down our continent, and predictions of future earthquakes we should all take note and precautions because we could easily be in the same situation Japan is in some form or fashion.

March 16, 2011
JAPAN EARTHQUAKE/TSUNAMI UPDATE

Dear Kawasaki Dealer,

Many of you have called conveying your thoughts and prayers for Kawasaki’s staff and family members in Japan, as well as the hundreds of thousands of Japanese citizens who have been affected by this tragedy. Your concern is both appreciated and heartfelt.

The primary disaster area is centered near Sendai, which is 185 miles northeast of Tokyo. Kawasaki’s Akashi factory is located 400 miles southwest of that location. Fortunately, the Akashi/Kobe area where KHI offi ces and factory are located did not experience any direct effects from the earthquake.

The people of Japan will continue to face immediate hardships; the situation there is changing daily. The companies that operate there, like Kawasaki, will continue to monitor the situation and will be prepared to adjust business operations as dictated by circumstances.

Again, we want to thank you for your concerns. As more information becomes available we will provide you with updates.

Sincerely,
Tak Teranishi
President
Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
Thanks Joey
Nice to have the updates
and you were correct that we are not immune to it here on the West Coast
Hope you don't mind but I copied it over to Pirate
Thanks Barbara

Last edited by a moderator:

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Up here in Oregon we have been getting quite a few lately in the 3 and 4 range so they tell us we will have one soon....Our town did have the Tsunami siren go off last Friday...
USUALLY WE GET THE BIG ONE FIRST, THEN THE LITTLE ONES. 4s DON'T EVEN BOTHER US ANYMORE. (NOT TRUE, WE THINK IT IS GOING TO KEEP GOING & GET BIGGER.) NOT MUCH CHANCE OF TSUNAMIS HERE. WE ARE 125 MILES FROM THE OCEAN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT. GOOD FOR US. CLOSE TO ALL OF THE DUNE & DESERT RIDING SPOTS.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
KMC UPDATE REGARDING JAPAN EARTHQUAKE AND U.S BASED EMPLOYEE DONATION EFFORTS

IRVINE, Calif. (March 25, 2011) -- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (KHI) motorcycle production facilities, located in Akashi, did not sustain any damage from the recent, tragic earthquake centered in the northern part of the country. However, the company obviously relies on a large number of outside component suppliers and vendors in order to complete and deliver finished products. While normally relying on “just in time” daily deliveries from these business partners, KHI is understandably sensitive to the issues that many of them could be facing as a result of the recent tragedy. KHI will, as circumstances dictate, make adjustments to fit the needs of all concerned.

At this time, no long-term production stoppages are planned for the Akashi plant and Kawasaki plants in Thailand and the U.S. are in full operation. Obviously, the tremendous devastation that has occurred in Japan, and the subsequent humanitarian issues, must take precedence, but KHI will strive to maintain successful business operations during this difficult time.

To provide support to those affected by the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, the presidents of all of the U.S.-based Kawasaki entities are collecting donations from employees and forwarding them to the American Red Cross. The U.S. organization will then forward the funds to the Japanese Red Cross, assuring distribution where help is needed most. Individual contributions by Kawasaki employees will qualify for the Kawasaki matching gift program.

The Kawasaki Good Times™ Foundation is contributing $50,000 to initiate the charitable giving campaign.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000