Kawasaki Kawasaki Teryx 4 Pro's & Con's?

Chengo

Oct 14, 2009
thinking of buying teryx 4 to go out with the family does anyone know the Pro's and the Con's of owning one. Handing, little problems, Etc.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
we test drove one in vegas. handled great with 3 people. had the muzzy exaust. im 6 foot 7 and i fit in all 4 seats. which is unheard of for me. small bed, but works well. fits cooler,tool bag,spare tire, gas jug all side by side no problem.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Only downfalls I have encountered are that its not as fast as the RZR XP 4 (obviously), and there is significant gear noise in the passenger compartment especially with a roof of any kind (I didnt really notice the noise as an overt problem, until adding the roof. As my rhinos have all been really loud inside too).

Besides that, great smooth ride, handles well for what it is, very roomy, comfy stock seats, huge back seat, good torque, enough power to trail ride even with 4 adults + gear. New motor and clutch changes are great.

fastjesse

Sep 17, 2012
The T-4 is an awesome machine. The pros are excellent build quality, reliability, real doors, spacious cabin with plenty of room in the rear and value. You can buy one with power steering at a great price. If you are a big guy you will definitely be comfortable in the front or rear seats. The shorter wheel base for a 4 seater is a plus in my opinion. These things will climb anything. They are stout. The frame might even be overbuilt. I feel Kawasaki did a good job on the Teryx 4. The cons would be lack of a true sport suspension and not nearly enough support from the aftermarket. The 750 V-twin provides plenty of torque for the trails, but isn't going to hang with an XP on the open desert or dunes. The T-4 will hold it's own against a RZR 4 though. The suspension does ok as long as you don't push it to the limit all the time. You can't go around like you are in a trophy truck and blast through every obstacle. In my opinion it just depends on what you are using it for and how fast you want to go with your kids strapped in the back seat.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000