Kawasaki Kawasaki Teryx T4 Long Travel?

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
What kit would you pick and why? What kits are out there?

Funco, Long Travel Ind, HCR and ????

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Here is some pics of the Funco Kit in action. http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9526

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
If I were buying today ....HCR...always loved their boxed kits.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
I went with HCR as Ive been impressed by their previous products. I dont think theres enough long travel T4s in the wild yet to really get a feel for whose kit is better, so as long as you go with a reputable suspension builder that uses the kind of shocks you like, youll be good.

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
I have the HCR kit, well built, good ride, still figuring out some height issues but good product.

Bed lift or rear fender cut outs will be required, I run 27" KM2s and even the stock tires were eating the rear fender insides.
I have a lot of equipment in the bed/box though.

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I love my Funco +6 with Fox shocks. Kit is smooth and plush. Mine is set for articulation but it does still retain the factory front sway bar for handling. I love this kit. It's the only +6 on the market and to me it just gives the car a mean stance!

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
The Funco kit was my first choice, local shop, like the 6+, I started having concern about the tube arms over plate since I was gonna spend most of my time in the rocks and not sand, the plate made more sense for what I do, the tube arms for sand would be fine IMO, I just think large dents/dings would fold the arms. That and I left two emails and never got a response from Funco.:cool:

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I'd love to see something in a +3 range like CST and lone star did for the two seat Teryx. I've found I have so many different uses for my T4 that I wouldn't want a plus 6 kit on it but a little bit more wheel travel would be nice.

nolanremlinger

KOH Here I Come - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 13, 2010
LTI! Nothing compares to proper geometry that makes the car handle the way it should and perfectly valved king's to go along with it.
-Nolan

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
More pics of Funco kit. To me it just looks right, gives it the best stance of all the kits. The car is tall so having the wider stance to me makes it feel so much more stable. I do need to flip my billet centers on the rear to sink the wheels in a bit more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000