Kawasaki Kawasaki Teryx T4 Long Travel?

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Ok boys, lets get back on topic here.

LTI +5 kit 4130 plate laser cut & tig welded, box style, uniballs & pins replace ball joints, 300 M axels, King shocks.

HCR +5 mild steel (Prob 1018) laser cut & tig welded, uses 4130 mounting for stock ball joints, 4340 axels, King Shocks.

Funco +6 4130 tube tig welded, Uses stock ball joints, King shocks, 300m axels???? Being a +6 longer than the rest probably produces less wheel scrub than the other +5 kits. Less unsprung weight, I would think the Funco kits shock valving would be spot on and as smooth as a babby's butt(Grant knows shocks!!).
Somthing else to consider about the Funco, If you were to wreck your car wouldn't you want the A-arms to absorb the energy of the impact and not destroy the T4's frame itself......Its easy to replace A-arms but not the frame.

I think for the most part I have the facts straight, If not guy's & manufactures please pipe in and set us straight.

My pick would be the LTI......I like the Trophy Truck look!!!

Reactions: 1 person

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
Ok boys, lets get back on topic here.

LTI +5 kit 4130 plate laser cut & tig welded, box style, uniballs & pins replace ball joints, 300 M axels, King shocks.

HCR +5 mild steel (Prob 1018) laser cut & tig welded, uses 4130 mounting for stock ball joints, 4340 axels, King Shocks.

Funco +6 4130 tube tig welded, Uses stock ball joints, King shocks, 300m axels???? Being a +6 longer than the rest probably produces less wheel scrub than the other +5 kits. Less unsprung weight, I would think the Funco kits shock valving would be spot on and as smooth as a babby's butt(Grant knows shocks!!).
Somthing else to consider about the Funco, If you were to wreck your car wouldn't you want the A-arms to absorb the energy of the impact and not destroy the T4's frame itself......Its easy to replace A-arms but not the frame.

I think for the most part I have the facts straight, If not guy's & manufactures please pipe in and set us straight.

My pick would be the LTI......I like the Trophy Truck look!!!
Zane, I think you are totally right about the kit taking so much but not the extent that if you hit something to big it will cause damage to the frame. To me some people are not so hands on and would have a larger price tag with a bent frame then a bent a-arm.

I have always like HCR products and would suggest them. My opinion tho.

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Zane, I think you are totally right about the kit taking so much but not the extent that if you hit something to big it will cause damage to the frame. To me some people are not so hands on and would have a larger price tag with a bent frame then a bent a-arm.

I have always like HCR products and would suggest them. My opinion tho.
I ment more to the effect of when wrecking the car and having the suspension absorb the energy of the impact or impacts (like in a roll over).......And hopefully the frame is ok.

You really can't go wrong with any of them, its more about personal taste.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I rolled my t2 7 times down a 100ft dune with a chromoly tube arm lt kit with no damage to any chassis our suspension components just some cracked fenders. The teryx is a stought machine. Unlike other utv's the chassis will take plenty of abuse.

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
I have LTI's kit on my T4 and love it. It works great in the rocks and just spent a week in Glamis and could hit some pretty big whoops at full speed and flew right on through. Very happy.:D
Have you taken to the sand before the LT kit? How does the T4 perform in the sand. It looks like a great family car for me!

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
I've been running them for about 3000 knarly miles on my RZR 800 and love them:D Best part is their Customer Service is awesome! When I bought them they were a bit stiff for my liking even on the softest setting. So I called to see what they would charge me to have them re valved and they said no charge cause they were new, just bring them down and we will adjust them till you're happy. :D

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Caution Old Thread Revival!!! Have there been any new entrants to the long travel market for the T4? I just sold the '08 and bought a new T4 EPS and love it....I have been reading various write-ups for the past year and it appears that there are still only three players currently building LT kits for the T4. Magnum had mentioned in an old post that they would possibly be building a kit. Feedback is appreciated guys!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000