Kids Just Want to Ride Act to be Introduced!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
The Kids Just Want to Ride Act . . . http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com...12th_CPSIA_Bill_Draft.sflb.ashx?download=true is set to be introduced next week by Representative Denny Rehberg (MT) in the U.S. House of Representatives. The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) strongly supports the Kids Just Want to Ride Act and is urging everyone to call their Representative to become an original cosponsor.

The Act is a legislative exemption for youth-model motorcycles and ATVs from the lead provisions in the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA), known as the Lead Law. The CPSIA effectively banned the sale of small displacement recreational vehicles due to overly restrictive lead content standards.

Rehberg recently circulated a “Dear Colleague†. . . http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com...onsor_January_19_2011.sflb.ashx?download=true encouraging other representatives to become original cosponsors. The AMA needs you and everyone you know that is concerned with the future of youth riding to call your Representative and ask them to cosponsor the Kids Just Want to Ride Act.

To call your Representative, click on “Take Action†to insert your zip code in the “Call Action†box to get your Representative’s phone number. Or, you can call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-225-3121 and ask for your Representative by name.

Call your Representative now and let them know you would like to see them cosponsor the Kids Just Want to Ride Act.

Take Action Here . . . American Motorcyclist Association - Kids Just Want to Ride Act to be Introduced!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
The Legislation now has a Bill Number, H.R. 412

Contact your Representative to Cosponsor Today!

On Jan. 25, Representative Denny Rehberg (MT) introduced H.R. 412, the Kids Just Want to Ride Act of 2011, which would exempt kids' off-highway vehicles (OHVs) from the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 that effectively bans their sale beginning May 1.

Action Item and more here . . . Issues & Legislation

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
Sent my letter in....and I don't even have kids, but it's important issue to me to allow kids to enjoy riding as much as us adults...

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Thank you for getting involved! I agree that parents must take responsibility for their childrens' safety while riding but I also believe the following as stated in the letter I sent to my Congressman.

"Honorable Congressman XXXXXX,

I am writing you today urging you to cosponsor H.R. 412, a Bill introduced by Congressman Denny Rehberg that amends the lead prohibition provisions of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 to provide an exemption for certain off-highway vehicles, and for other purposes.

H.R. 412, the Kids Just Want to Ride Act of 2011, would exempt kids' off-highway vehicles (OHVs) from the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 that effectively bans their sale beginning May 1, 2011.

This legislation is important to family’s who enjoy recreating together in the great outdoors using OHVs and allows our youth to participate in these activities safely using equipment that is properly sized for their age. Without the availability of right sized equipment they will be forced to use what is available which may not be suitable for their size and therefore would unduly subject them to safety concerns.

Thank you for your time and consideration."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000