All UTV's Limit Strap Tech

marktorres

Apr 13, 2014
I have been looking into limit straps and found lots of tech but most of it is centered around limiting down travel for off-road vehicles with a lot of unsprung weight - to protect the shocks.

It makes sense as to why you would not want let the shock carry all that weight when at full droop but are there any other advantages to limiting down travel, in cornering perhaps?

I race short course and MX with my RZR1000; I have changed spring rates, I'm running a different sway bar and my shocks are off being re-valved right now - I wonder if limiting the amount of down travel might help the car corner better?

Any thoughts?

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
your on the right track generally in short course racing you make suspension move as little as possible. shit load of rebound and compression limit shock movement. your best bet is to have shock tuner go to track with you.

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
I'm with mega. The first thing I would do is a good sway bar front and rear. That will allow you to flat track the turns but still have an act I ve suspension to absorb hits not beat your kidneys out.
One big thing that I disagree with is over springing a vehicle to remove or reduce sway, this has a ton of negative effects and only one postive effect.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I have been looking into limit straps and found lots of tech but most of it is centered around limiting down travel for off-road vehicles with a lot of unsprung weight - to protect the shocks.

It makes sense as to why you would not want let the shock carry all that weight when at full droop but are there any other advantages to limiting down travel, in cornering perhaps?

I race short course and MX with my RZR1000; I have changed spring rates, I'm running a different sway bar and my shocks are off being re-valved right now - I wonder if limiting the amount of down travel might help the car corner better?

Any thoughts?
Go read about coil binding in NASCAR, same thought process....:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000