All UTV's Limit straps

move

Oct 27, 2011
I need to make some limiting straps for my suspension. When my suspension is in full droop it takes out my inner axle boots. Someone answer some questions for me or care to share any helpfull info?

What type material is best?
Should it be parrella with the shocks, perpendicular to the ground or really doesn't matter?

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I need to make some limiting straps for my suspension. When my suspension is in full droop it takes out my inner axle boots. Someone answer some questions for me or care to share any helpfull info?

What type material is best?
Should it be parrella with the shocks, perpendicular to the ground or really doesn't matter?
at full drop the mounting points need to be inline with the straps so you don't put a side load on the tabs and crack them at the welds.

get them 1" shorter than you need,this allows for stretch. they are measured eye to eye.

the farther out on the arm the better IMO, but do not have to be way out.

move

Oct 27, 2011
Just for kicks and giggles here is a picture of the front setup.

My problem area

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
what shocks are you using??

some of the rangers have two upper mounts for the shocks in the rear, the outer one will make it drop out more than the inner one. but using the inner one will have more leverage on it and may need a heavier spring.

if you have fox shocks, you can put a spacer inside to "shorten it" we do this all the time.

move

Oct 27, 2011
2011 Ranger has two positions for the top mount. Right now I am using the outside mount. I have looked into a set of King 2.0 coilovers front and rear. The stock shocks are horiable for jumping and ruts.

slowandold

KOH or Bust!
Aug 29, 2011
Plenty of options for straps, I think mastercraft is one option for example, but I usually got mine from polyperformance.com. 1" increments and usually in stock.

Lions and Tigers and Wings oh my!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000