Yamaha Look what UPS brought today!!

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Thanks to Chris from Benchmark performance for sending me these goodies!! Finally gonna have my own motor back together soon. 102.5 piston and a corrillo rod, 693 motor!! Thats one good looking piston too.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
He will race too, I just couldn't give up yet. Worcs is just my speed!! :D

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Additional parts for the motor....Big ass Web cam, lots of head port work and flow bench time, PDM race clutch machined for more overdrive, AAEN roller clutch slides, Supreme Tool adjustable clutch weights, Grizzly gears and a Mikuni 48 to top it all off.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Kelly is one of Courts best friends... and he (and Chris) knows what he is doing on a PDM. Unlike most other who have troubles with them.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
I like the comet clutch alot better than the Powerbloc. I have lots of PDM parts and several comet clutches as spares too. And yes, Kelly is a very good friens of mine.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Totally different clutch design. The comet is like the polaris and kawi clutch with arms not pucks. Much harder to tune initially, but they work very good once your dialed in. The AAEN roller setup makes backshifting instant, it virtually eliminates friction in the clutch. The comet 4 arm is also a bigger diameter, so with a little machining on the secondary and a different (slightly wider) belt you can get more overdrive.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Yeah, you add or remove weights and change spring weights to get the clutch to shift at the RPM where you make peak HP. Use the secondary to obtain enough spring pressure to keep the belt from slipping, then change primary springs and weights to make the clutch engage and shift they way you want it.

Some say go heavier on the secondary to help overcome friction and make it back shift better. But dont go too heavy as that creates more heat also.

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks to Chris from Benchmark performance for sending me these goodies!! Finally gonna have my own motor back together soon. 102.5 piston and a corrillo rod, 693 motor!! Thats one good looking piston too.

Thats so pretty i would just put it on the shelf and look at it!:D

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
The picture doesn't even do the piston justice. Its polished like chrome, then laser etched. Very impressive. :cool:

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Gotta remember to put the 3 valve pockets to the intake side.....oops.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
went from this.....

to this in about an hour..

Found this, the end of the crank obviously broke off. The bearing and crank look like they were banging into each other for some time making me wonder if the crnk was true??

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Got the crank out of the case today(took me a while to find my crank press tool), pulled the transmission and installed the grizzly gear set. The rhino set is 21/41. The grizzly set is 24/39. Quite a bit taller.

Taking the cases to XMF tomorrow to be welded up around the base of the cylinder for strength.

Still waiting for crankworks to finish my crank.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Decided to put the piston in my family 4 seater and try it out, will order another for the race car next week. The crank didn't get done in time for me to put the race motor back together this weekend.

Started at about 1:30pm yesterday, tore the top end off, and put the 102.5 piston in. I had a cylinder machined earlier this week for it. I put my ported head with +1 valves on it and a hot cams stage 3 cam I had sitting on the shelf. It has a stock clutch sheave and strock spring with hunterworks overdrive weights. Muzzy pipes and a mikuni 45 rounded it out. Had it all back together by 10pm.

Set the jetting to 12.5 to 1 at WOT with the air fuel meter and did some runs.

It was hitting a rev limiter at 62mph. Checked and it had a Dragonfire procomm CDI. Drove it over to Scott from XMFs house and stole his Dynatek CDI (he wont be needing it for a while). Now it pulls to the rev limit at 69mph. Not to shabby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000