Looking for a new Ride

tskow

Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys I am looking for a new ride for Glamis since I now have an additional member coming with. I am partial to the suspension on the Wildcat 4, but love the hp on the RZR 1000. Anybody have an idea of a "best of both worlds"?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Hey guys I am looking for a new ride for Glamis since I now have an additional member coming with. I am partial to the suspension on the Wildcat 4, but love the hp on the RZR 1000. Anybody have an idea of a "best of both worlds"?
oh man.. well if you would have asked about the Can-Am vs. Polaris you probably would have already gotten a ton of opinionated responses.. lol

I have driven the Wildcat 4, in a strait line through huge bumps, at the time I drove it, nothing on the market could beat it. Today however, the RZR XP Turbo & Maverick Max would probably handle it pretty easily.

With that said, you are comparing the RZR 1000 and Wildcat 4. The main reason I would suggest the RZR as a better option is you are talking dunes and I think the wheel base of the RZR 4 is a better dune machine then the Wildcat 4. Clearly, there is a ton more available in the aftermarket to better help you personalize your RZR as well. I give the RZR the advantage...

best of luck!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I would shy away from the Wildcat X 4 seater. It is under powered and they have lots of issues. Most have motors that leak oil, cracked starter and a list of other stuff. This what I have seen from my friends that have Wildcats. Most of them have moved on to new machines. The wildcat 4 seater does ride really nice, but the issues that come with it are not worth the headaches.

If you can swing a 2017 or 2018 4 seat turbo XP that would be the way to go. There are huge rebates on the 2017 models and the pricing the 2018 model is really good. Otherwise a 4 seat XP1000 does great in the dunes.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I agree. XPT 1000 4 seater will be awesome for any riding, especially dunes. I've never heard anything good about the WC 4 seater, except that the suspension is plush. Good Luck

Reactions: Simi Dude

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000