Looking for suspension upgrades

Lovdadunes

Sep 14, 2014
I broke my front passenger arm the last time I was at Glamis, I don't know how to ease of the peddle, my bad. I'm looking to buy a tough suspension before the start for the season. I don't want stock polaris suspension, can't trust it. Anybody have recommendations, aftermarket suspension? I'm a rooks at this pls help

Attachments

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I would be looking at the Cognito stock replacement arms, Lone Star also makes some. Both should be able to handle the abuse. And both I believe use a uniball design so you don't have to mess with the stock ball joints.

Lovdadunes

Sep 14, 2014
Thx for pointing me the right way, I check out HCR and COGNITO. I like them both. Im way over my head on this. I have to just take it ease out in the dunes. An average dUDe like me can't afford those prices. And new offset wheels to fit. New suspension. $$$ and then some.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I would look into some new Fox RC2's with BOC for starters over stock and brace up your mount points.

Dewit!
Feb 1, 2014
Orange County, Mexifornia
I'd like to re-do my suspension too. What's the cost on the HCR and Cognito (without shocks) tho?? I already have after market wheels so that shouldn't be a prob.

Sent from my iPhone 7s prototype.

Lovdadunes

Sep 14, 2014
I hit hard coming off a small dune, it's leaving buttercup heading to Oldsmobile mid day so I didn't c it coming. And there I was broken, helpless. Super mad.

Attachments

Lovdadunes

Sep 14, 2014
Cost is thousandssssss, lol I guess u would have to call and ask for ala carte priceing if u have some parts. But I'm still a rooks, I'm Brain storming how to come up on 6 Geez.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
I would definitely save up and get at least stock replacement arms that have the Uniball/ Heim joint combo. May cost more up front, but if you like to drive hard it will save you money in the long run. Blowing a ball joint can be the least of your worries, it's the CV's, tie rods, arms etc. you destroy that will add up when it happens.

Lovdadunes

Sep 14, 2014
Your so right I've been learning on suspension setups. I hope I can find something at the sand show this weekend. Cromally and uniball cups etc.

Lovdadunes

Sep 14, 2014
R the stock walker evens shocks good? Should I get them revalved? I c long travel setups including new shocks they r using king shocks.

l_POTERAN_l

Sep 16, 2012
i would look into tubed style kit. ive heard that box style are heavier.
less weight = more power/faster in the dunes

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
If you are considering shocks we have a great deal on Bilstiens. They are set up for all terrain dirt, sand, rock. Great shock for the right price. Give us a call and we can fill you in on our money back guarntee 760-955-1409.

Regards,

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Thx for pointing me the right way, I check out HCR and COGNITO. I like them both. Im way over my head on this. I have to just take it ease out in the dunes. An average dUDe like me can't afford those prices. And new offset wheels to fit. New suspension. $$$ and then some.
Our stock replacement parts is what you need. Uni-Ball upper and lower front pick up point, larger poly bushing, and all chromoly Boxed load arm. $1349.

Give me a call or email me.

[email protected]
661-588-8085 x206

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000