LOORRS 2010 RD1 Las Vegas - Pics, Results, Stories, Links -

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Joey, sorry I missed you after the races . Thanks for all the great coverage. Enthusiasts like you are what is making UTV racing grow.
No prpblem Rob, we know you were busy but it was great spending some time with you on Saturday in the pits. The UTV community is greatful to have someone with the experience you have putting so much effort into the UTV class and the Teryx in particular. We look forward to a great year of racing and hopefully seeing Dan and Bobby up on that podium in their Muzzys Kawasaki teryx's!

On that note I hope Dan is doing ok, I have never seen a UTV jump as far as he was. It was insane!

It's great that this forum and it's members actually are talking about this this weekends race and discussing racing in general..........hell you have a race section:eek:

Over at the Grandma and Grandpa Rhino forums there is no mention of the Lucas utv races all weekend:confused:

I'm going to need some stickers:D

You got it Tom! We will be in Arizona for the Speedworld race and look forward to meeting you. We will dial you in. Thanks for coming to the Underground and jumping right in, looks like you found a new online home! hahah

There are lots of other forums that are talking about racing, few that are BEING about it though! We are in the pits, on the track, and in your home or office 24/7!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
lots more pics and some video later today!
Can't wait to see the pics.

Congrats to RJ for his wins both Saturday and Sunday in his RZR. All of the teams have stepped up and looked very professional. Good stuff!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
First of all, I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who came out to the races this weekend, whether you were racing or there to support the series!! We pulled in, saw the Traxxas semi's and the Monster semi's and knew that THIS was going to be an epic weekend!!! Anyone who follows short course racing knows that to have all of these TORC drivers here on the West Coast for the opening round of LOORRS was simply AMAZING!!! Just like the good ol' days!! :)

Next, I'd like to say thank you once again to LOORRS for allowing us to be a part of the series this year! We are soooo excited to see how this year will play out, and can't wait for everyone to get their SR1's finished and out there to mix it up!

Joey/Rusty - thanks for your support and for being there for all of us! You guys ROCK!

I have to say THANK YOU to Weller Racing, Tilted Kilt, XMF, Walker Evans, Maxxis, Twisted Stitch, Unisteer and all of my sponsors for supporting me this season - I brought home my first LOORRS trophy on Sunday - the first of many, I hope!! :)

Also, huge thanks to Magna Flow for giving away an exhaust system to the winner of Saturday's SR1 class race!!! Very cool of those guys to come up and offer such an awesome contingency to our new class at the very first round! Tyler Herzog should be sporting a shiny new muffler sometime soon!

We had almost half of the UTV field this weekend - 5 SR1's on Saturday, and 6 on Sunday.....a number of SR1 guys were not able to make the deadline for this weekend, but we know that these numbers will grow throughout the season, and are really looking forward to watching it happen!

As for the racing action - wow!! It's a whole different ballgame this season, but I love it! The track at Vegas was tight and technical, with a ton of turns and some off-camber tricky stuff! The big jumps were SO fun, and the SR1's put on a clinic on how to clear the biggest jumps out there!

The tab on my shift linkage broke off on Saturday's main on lap 2 - leaving me in neutral! I was towed to the hotpits, where Jason asked me what gear I wanted to race in. I chose 2nd - I would rather clutch it through the corners than hit the rev limiter on the straights! So I finished Saturday's race in 2nd gear....coming in 4th in my class.

Sunday's race was much better - even though I had to start near the back due to having to start in the order we finished on Sat, I wanted to be up front and on that podium! They mixed the field of 600 and 800's, so it made for some really good racing, but it also made it trickier to get up through the pack!

Once the green flag dropped, all I remember thinking is "holy SH*t this field is FAST!!" Roost flying, UTv's all over the place - the start was crazy and it just stayed that way pretty much until the end - but the racing was SO fun!! I remember the days of being out by myself in the field in 4th place or so....everyone stretched out....just trying to get closer to the front. NOT ANYMORE! This time it was bar to bar and wheel to wheel until the finish line!! Me, Tyler W, Bobby V, and Gary T battled for a long time, with Gary finishing just in front of me for 1st place in the SR1 class, and just behind RJ for 2nd overall!

Doug Mittag was out there in Bobby's SR1 and driving his butt off - great job! Dan brought his SR1 out for day two since something happened to his Teryx on Sat, and was flying until he flatlanded somewhere - hope you are feeling better, Dan!.....Tyler H. won on Saturday, and Josh S. did great in his new build, just had to work out some suspension bugs still.

These first two rounds proved that this will be an exciting year for both classes - no one has this thing locked in, and it will be fun to watch the season play out! Congrats to Austin Kimbrell for doing a great job this weekend.....how he managed to drive so fast with one hand on the throttle lever after his cable broke is beyond me!! Skillz!! RJ did awesome - put that little RZR on the podium twice! It was fun hanging out with everyone, and Kimbrell's new Monster canopy is just SICK!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Bronco Dan Kelly's BIIIIIGGGGG Jump!! This was the farthest and biggest i have ever seen a UTV go..These pictures do not do it justice......He was boosting and this jump was the biggest jump he made all day, so big that when he landed it messed his back up forcing him to pull himself off the track.....the medics actually pulled him out of his car on a back board. Thank God Dan was ok!!!!!

RZRS EDGE RACING

Sharp As A RZR - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
Man looked like good times. Sure seems to have come a long way since the 1st race a Primm last year.
Will be out in when it stops in Phx.
Congrats to all who raced. Sure looked FUN
Great Pics Joey / Rusty

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000