LOORS regional shoot out, Vegas

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Ok guys. Gates will be Open till 11pm on Thursday night. Then locked. Re open at 8am Friday am. Open practice starts at 1 but it will be a busy am with tech n registration so I wouldn't cut it too close ....

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Important Regional info
From Lee Perfect:

We got it worked out with the Speedway. We will keep the gate open until 11 pm on Thurday night then it will be locked. No in or out after that. The people/vehicles will just be lined up and will have to go thru the ticket booth at 8 am when it opens Friday morning and then go park in your pit.

THE GATE BEING USED FOR THIS RACE IS ON NORTH HOLLYWOOD BLVD. Not the usual gate 1.

This is the road that is on the west side of the track along the pits. 15 fwy exit right and turn right onto North Hollywood Blvd by the truck stop, then down on the left. Don't use Las Vegas Blvd on Saturday because there is a big air show going on.

TRIPHLKROWN

Apr 30, 2009
Paso Robles, CA
Hopefully you guys can get some serious answers about what we can and cannot do to our motors!!! Going back to stock and I want some answers on what we can and cannot do, being I know for a fact that most those XP's in the "STOCK XP CLASS" are far from stock!!!!!!!

Dirty

Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA

Don't forget Friday night after practice Select Glass from the Arizona Regional will have the giant pistol smoker on hand with Carne Asada and Chicken tacos free to all !!! 100% donated by Brad at Select Glass! http://selectglass.com/

Dirty

Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Hopefully you guys can get some serious answers about what we can and cannot do to our motors!!! Going back to stock and I want some answers on what we can and cannot do, being I know for a fact that most those XP's in the "STOCK XP CLASS" are far from stock!!!!!!!

TRIPHLKROWN- The Lucas Oil Regional series is taking a serious LOOK at the XP9 stock class. This year we had a handful of racers come out and test the tracks to see if this would even be a good idea and the response was very positive. We would like to grow it as we feel there is great potential. We will be working select racers and aftermarket manufactures to make a solid rules package for 2013 and beyond. Im not sure if demanding answers like your are is the best approach. A better approach would be some opinions on how to make the class work for the best interest of the sport. Thanks for posting and hope to hear some great ideas from you.

-Hope I didn't offend anyone. And hope to see major growth in 2013. Thanks Again

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Nick, we knew what we were getting into putting cars together "pre" rules. I also realize there are cars showing up that have "big" motors. Nobody set rules up calling this a stock class yet... That's the most logical plan. However nothing confirmed. I got my car up to safety specs simply to get a chance to race on one of these awesome short course tracks. All the interest is great and Lee knows we are chomping at the bit to get rules in writing. A few of us will go to this one. Report back about how awesome it was to hit full speed safe jumps... Then maybe we can get involved with offering feedback about a rules package going into 2013

Dirty

Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Hello,

Just wanted to pass along a couple of last minute items to help you prepare for this weekends Loan Mart Lucas Oil Regional Shootout in Las Vegas if you plan to attend.

1--The weekend schedule is available at www.lucasoilregional.com along with links to registration info.

2--Please save yourself and us some time by pre-registering & pre-paying online at lucasoil.mycustomevent.com It is a very simple process. Follow the instructions there and pay with your credit card. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. This will help us to plan effectively and save you time at the track. You will still need to check in at registration to sign your waiver and get your armband and tech sheets, but it should be a quick process. Everyone needs to be registered and go through tech by Friday at 7--there will not be time on Saturday morning.

3--If you wish to come to the facility on Thursday, you may, but you will need to be in by 11 pm (the gates will be locked by LVMS security at this time) and you will not be able to move in to your pit until Friday morning after 8 when the gates open and you have paid for your wristband. You will be lined up inside the gate and can camp there overnight to get an early start in the morning.

4--There is a large air show going on at the base next door this weekend. Because of this, we will all enter the track through the gate on North Hollywood Blvd. This is the road that is on the west side of the track along the pits. 15 fwy exit right and turn right onto North Hollywood Blvd by the truck stop, then down on the left.

5--Select Glass will be hosting a complimentary BBQ on Friday night after practice in the pits for everyone. They will be providing meat, tortillas, beans and rice. It would be great if some of you could bring side dishes or desserts to share and please bring your own drinks and chairs. Please contact [email protected] to let her know if you would like to contribute anything. This is very nice of Select Glass to do this so be sure to express your appreciation and bring everyone out Friday night for a chance to do some friendly trash talking with the other series and relax a bit before Saturday. Our 3 race directors will be drawing for series starting positions in the heat races during this time as well (start positions will still be determined by points in each series, but this will determine which series 1st place person will start on the pole, etc.).

6--The Saturday morning 8:30 am driver's meeting is MANDATORY. Please be there.

7--Please plan to park your personal non-hot pit vehicles in the spectator parking area so we have plenty of room for the teams to pit. There is no charge for spectator parking and you are free to drive your UTVs to the gate to pick up spectators and bring them to your pits.

8--Sunoco fuel is not going to make it this weekend. If you are tuned or used to running it bring your own. VP will be there and will have MS 93, VP 110, C 12, VP C16. Friday 12-3 and Saturday 8-1. Call Danny if you want to order 702 308 5885

We're looking forward to an awesome event. Remember that this will be televised on MavTV with a tentative air date of January 3rd at 8 pm PST. If you don't have MavTV, now is the time to get it and tell your friends!

Thanks for your continued support and we'll see you in Las Vegas,

Poppy Perfect
Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series
Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series
Tel: 951-870-8635
Fax: 760-948-9114
www.lucasoiloffroad.com
www.lucasoilregional.com

Mitch G

2009-2010-2012 King Of The Hammers UTV winner
Feb 14, 2010

if you know someones motor isnt stock, Tell Lee or Brian. Or this class will be ruined.

Wyatt

Jan 17, 2011
I agree with you mitch. And there is one simple way to make sure it wont happen.
Lucas oil guys simple rule
If you are caught cheating stock motor rule you are done no penalty no loss off points, Done. OVER. you don't EVER COME BACK.

I know some of my friends have spent a lot of money changing there built motors back to stock.

Good luck to all of you this weekend I wish I was able to come out and race this one with you. Looks like this is going to be a really good series next year.

GOOD LUCK GUYS

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
I had a great weekend racing my first LOORS event. What a blast. We had an ok turnout in the RZR class. Looking for it to blow up next year after we get some rules set up. There will be a new thread started soon about this.
I will let Rappy n Staggs chime in about their races but I'm pretty sure we are all hooked on short course !
Mitch Jr worked us pretty good. Looking forward to getting my car set up a little better for this type of racing and trying to give him a run. Fast kid.
Thanks to Carl's cycles, HOLZ racing products, Walker Evans racing and Loan Mart for the help this year. Hopefully somebody will post up some more pics!

Attachments

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
I had a great weekend racing my first LOORS event. What a blast. We had an ok turnout in the RZR class. Looking for it to blow up next year after we get some rules set up. There will be a new thread started soon about this.
I will let Rappy n Staggs chime in about their races but I'm pretty sure we are all hooked on short course !
Mitch Jr worked us pretty good. Looking forward to getting my car set up a little better for this type of racing and trying to give him a run. Fast kid.
Thanks to Carl's cycles, HOLZ racing products, Walker Evans racing and Loan Mart for the help this year. Hopefully somebody will post up some more pics!
I had a awsome time and racing and batteling with everyone especially Casey, Guthrie was fast so I cant wait to chase him down next year:D . One thing in the rules is we need to keep it a stock motor class so it is a driving class. It was awsome to go out and be able to battle side by side in a wide track with good smooth jumps that I could actually clear clean in the RZR. Not to mention the wide course and high speeds :Dcant wait for next year. Todd check this out for more pics http://www.jdmfotos.com/services/graph/gallery/26458443_R6VRx2/2208417353_j3RG34H

Special thanks to Benchmark,Sadistic Iron werks,Glass Alliance, reckless for a cure, staggs racing, rugged radios

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000