LOORS SO CAL XP900 HANG OUT THREAD

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA
The Black Rhino - Racer X race support trailer is already there set up and ready to help the racers. Just a reminder to the racers, sponsors and fans that we offer a radio rental program at the track. You can now have family members, friends or sponsors listen in on the action with out having to buy extra radios.

We will also have the new Ultra Chiller helmet coolers available that are easy to install and work with our helmet blower kits. It is going to be a hot weekend so this is a great way to stay comfortable and focus on racing instead of sweating.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE RACERS THIS WEEKEND

UTV Wolfpack

Aug 7, 2012
Wolfpack motorsports is here at lake Elsinore motorsports park. If anybody needs parts for the polaris xp900 or the xp1000 stop by our set up we carry a ton of parts all the time. We have arms and radius rods,tie rods,sway bars. Swing by we even have cold rockstar energy drinks. Good luck to all racers and be safe.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Great to see LOORRS officials finally tearing some motors down yesterday. The classes are getting huge. The cars are $20k stock. Let's at least keep the big $$ motors out of short course this time.
What's the scoop ? Who got torn down ? DQ ??

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Great to see LOORRS officials finally tearing some motors down yesterday. The classes are getting huge. The cars are $20k stock. Let's at least keep the big $$ motors out of short course this time.
What's the scoop ? Who got torn down ? DQ ??
No tear downs, all checks performed externally. They were looking for big bores and checked bore with a cool looking tool I've never seen before, and stroke with a dial indicator.

They checked us (Cody Rahders), and was told two others. I think they pulled in a car or two as alternates as well;
1. We are stock and passed tech.
2. I was not present when the others were tested but was told they passed as well.
3. I'm not sure of any DQ's, if there were Lucas Oil should explain it like they do in the Post Race Report emails we get at the Nationals.

I'm glad they are not tearing down engines, all checks can be performed externally and under the valve cover with ease.

There is no way to prevent dirt from entering an engine in chassis after a race plus if cylinders are pulled the engine has to be removed from the chassis and the cases split to properly reassemble it, a rather expensive move for grass roots racing IMO but, if Lucas decides to tear us down I have gaskets and a new tube of Yamabond ;)

BTW, that 1000 class is a tough crowd, come out and play Todd, we'd love to see you.

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Results Link:
With over 175 race entries and thousands of spectators on hand, We are proud to announce another success event. Thanks to all the racers, fans, crews, staff and good sponsons! Here is a results link from this past weekend in Lake Elsinore .
http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1018172

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Results Link:
With over 175 race entries and thousands of spectators on hand, We are proud to announce another success event. Thanks to all the racers, fans, crews, staff and good sponsons! Here is a results link from this past weekend in Lake Elsinore .

Ken, thanks to you, Lee, and the Regionals staff for putting on another great weekend. We had both family and friends come for this race and all had a great time.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Results Link:
Yeah great job Ken, Lee and Lucas Oil for bringing racing back to our hometown of Elsinore and throwing one hell of a show each time. Everyone I know that has come out to watch or race is not missing another race because they are so good.

Anyone who hasn't come out to see one of these races, needs to. Every race is intense, on the edge of your seat action. The grandstands make for great views and you never miss any action with the great announcers too? Dave is awesome!!

As for the inspections, that is awesome to hear you have all instruments to perform inspections externally. I agree with Doug, that it would be crazy to take apart a motor in the middle of a dirty field, but rules are rules and Lucas Oil is doing a great job!

Great job to everyone that raced or supported thier racers and we can't wait to see everyone at the next round! We love our huge racing family!

Perfect Race

Feb 9, 2011
Thanks everyone it was a great weekend with 175 entries! We do have some cool tools and checked the 900 class this weekend. This is done by removing the spark plug and measuring bore and stroke. Everyone that we checked was in compliance except one racer declined to have his checked. He was DQed and will receive no points.
We want the engines in the 900 and 1000 classes to be stock and to the rules. If you have a modified engine you can still race with us in the Unlimited UTV class.
Next round is at Elsinore again on June 28 and then on to Glen Helen for the July 19 night race.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
That is a pretty sweet tool! That is what Lucas Oil techs used to measure the bore? I was wondering what the tool is exactly and how it works...

Anyone have any idea on the time it took to inspect the 3 cars in the 900 class? Did it take them long or was it pretty fast?

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
That is a pretty sweet tool! That is what Lucas Oil techs used to measure the bore? I was wondering what the tool is exactly and how it works...

Anyone have any idea on the time it took to inspect the 3 cars in the 900 class? Did it take them long or was it pretty fast?

Ours took 20-30 minutes.
Pull fan, spark plug, clutch cover to access clutch hold down bolt for turning over engine. Cal bore gauge, measure bore. Install stroke gauge (that just doesn't sound right) find TDC, zero, find BDC, reassemble.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Ours took 20-30 minutes.
Pull fan, spark plug, clutch cover to access clutch hold down bolt for turning over engine. Cal bore gauge, measure bore. Install stroke gauge (that just doesn't sound right) find TDC, zero, find BDC, reassemble.
Do you have a pic of the stroke gauge...? lol jk Maybe we need those Rockstar models to inspect our stroke....? HAHA

What fan has to be removed?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
It cool to hear they did not have to tear down, I personally would be fired up about a tear down unless the stroke was there to partially cover costs.

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Check out this Lucas Oil Regional Edit from this past weekend! Special thanks to Bryant Lambert and Rodney Kline for taking care of the Regional Racers!​
[ame]http://youtu.be/JO5nQQm5FFs[/ame]

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
That's so cool showing the up close and personal spotlight videos and pit life! I just want to see more lol but love the ideaand video quality, and think that would be sweet to have after each round if possible... Great Job Guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000