LSR SR1 Race Team Update

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEJLoUoFytY]YouTube - Lucas Oil Off Road Heads to Speedworld Off Road Park on April 16th & 17th, 2011[/ame]

Rounds 3 and 4 are already upon us. We’ve been busy updating the chassis with some new safety items that were put into effect for the 2011 season. We had to add some diagonal bracing, and change the window nets, and mounting rods to comply with the new rules.

The rear wheel hub bearings were pretty much toast, so we tore those down and installed new bearings.

I installed some crossover spacers so we can get the rear springs working like they should again, from the new shocks we ran last race.

At the request of tech inspection, we added a couple stickers to show track crews where the fuel cell is located in the event of emergency.

And we need to repair the front bumper from my roll over in round 1.

Make sure all you AZ fans come out to see the excitement unfold right in front of your eyes this weekend at Speedworld in North Phoenix (Suprise, AZ)

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
This is by far the best looking car out there. The radius cage looks sweet. If I was to start over, I would go that way for sure. Great job with a great car. Good luck.

LSRGreg

Jan 26, 2009
Thanks Bobby! that means a lot. I sunk a ton of effort into this sucker to accomplish that goal!

G-

breakdown

Oct 8, 2009
Hey can I ask how does that window net latch work? Looks pretty beefy. Did you buy that or make it?

LSRGreg

Jan 26, 2009
Has the chassis powder faded that much already?
no.. just crappy cell phone pics and weird lighting, and the spray painted green was as close as we could get.. when its outside its hardly noticeable. Congrats on selling your rhino, and finally wanting to move out of your parents place. I'll send you some axles for your new pad, so u can put them up on the wall. :D

Hey can I ask how does that window net latch work? Looks pretty beefy. Did you buy that or make it?
A little bit of both.. Its just a seat belt latch from a 5 point harness. I can't remember the company that makes them, but they have 3 different versions. this is one of them. Most race car places carry them, like Summit and Jegs etc. We made the bars, and attachment points.

Thanks,
G-

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
no.. just crappy cell phone pics and weird lighting, and the spray painted green was as close as we could get.. when its outside its hardly noticeable. Congrats on selling your rhino, and finally wanting to move out of your parents place. I'll send you some axles for your new pad, so u can put them up on the wall. :D

A little bit of both.. Its just a seat belt latch from a 5 point harness. I can't remember the company that makes them, but they have 3 different versions. this is one of them. Most race car places carry them, like Summit and Jegs etc. We made the bars, and attachment points.

Thanks,
G-
I THINK SPEEDWAY HAS THEM TOO.

breakdown

Oct 8, 2009

Thanks,
G-
So did you buy the whole belt then? Just checking around didn't notice just the latch.

Sorry to bug you but haven't seen the net release like this before and I like the setup.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Most places who sell window nets will offer this type of window net mount kit, with the latch style closure and the rod already welded to it, and a bottom rod and all the tabs needed. You can find some examples on summitracing.com too.

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
Car is looking good! I cant wait until you guys make it back to Utah. I have been watching the new course go in at Miller Motorsports Park and we even took a lap in my buddys rhino a few weeks ago pretending we where as fast as you guys :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000