Kawasaki LT Kit T2 vs T4

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
How many parts on a standard 2 seat teryx long travel kit will bolt on to a Teryx 4??? Obviously the weights of the two cars are different and shocks will need to be changed/modified but beyond that what else? Are the arms, steering, axles etc. interchangeable? Reason I am asking is that I'd like long travel now and a T4 next year. The best solution is to sell the '08, buy a T4, and throw a LT kit on the new ride, but I am not looking for all of that expense right now...

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i believe nothing is interchangable. the T4 has a wider frame, so axles would not be the same and i thought i seen a post where the pickup points on the frame are different also. the 2012 two seater suspension is not even the same as the T4. Its an all new machine.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Its different enough you won't be able to swap much, and would be better off selling your T2 LT used, and buying a proper T4 LT kit. Technically the front arms are the same, but the shock mounting is probably a little different. Also a +6" T2 front arm on the T4 is actually only a +5", as the frame is wider.

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Thanks for the info guys! Looks like I am going to hold out and do the project all in one shot...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000