Method Race Wheels - UTV Wheels ARE OFFICIAL!

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
What's your opinion on 4x3 vs 5x2 offset for the xp1000? I want more width but don't want to affect the handling negatively. But right now I have no bump steer (stock wheels). I had a race rhino that had a lot. So I'm thinking a little wouldn't bother me? What say you?

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
What's your opinion on 4x3 vs 5x2 offset for the xp1000? I want more width but don't want to affect the handling negatively. But right now I have no bump steer (stock wheels). I had a race rhino that had a lot. So I'm thinking a little wouldn't bother me? What say you?
Solid question.

It is a toss up. Its what do you want more. Stability or handling. On paper the 5+2 which will make the UTV 7/8 wider per side is the go to wheel as it will give you less scrub radius. But hey how often are we in a perfect environment and racing on paper. We have top 5 Pro UTV races running 4+3 as the majority with no shock or scrub complaints. To make matters even more fun. I personally run the 5+2 in the front and the 4+3 in the rear. I am really micromanaging Ha ha. No matter what I always go to the thought process of if I am running in a tight trail environment I will favor the 5+2 and if I am running in a desert or more of an open area I would choose the 4+3. Staying wit the same off set will make life easier if you need a spare. Hope this helps

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Does method make any 15" wheels that are available to the public?

I know they make them because the car at the top of this page has them on the front.

Just can't find any pricing or availability anywhere on the web.

Thx.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Does method make any 15" wheels that are available to the public?

I know they make them because the car at the top of this page has them on the front.

Just can't find any pricing or availability anywhere on the web.

Thx.
Yes, they make the 401 and the Standard in a 15x7. Both are only available in 4+3 though.

They also make the 406 in a 15x8 (4+4) and 15x10 (5+5) which is what you are seeing on the car with the Desert-Trak/Padla-Trak setup at the top of the page.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Rynomx785,

Thx for the info i appreciate it.

Unfortunately sounds like what they offer is not going to work for me, i need 5+2 so i can still fit in my trailer with the long travel kit. Stock wheels only clear by about 1/2" on both sides so the 4+3 would put me into the sides for sure.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
What is your opinion on the 4+3 vs stock now that you have ran both?
I debated over the offset for a couple of months. I really wanted more width for stability. I'm very happy that I went with 4x3 instead of 5x2!

Yes the steering takes a little bit of effort now. But it doesn't have bad bump steer where I would be afraid of having my thumbs on the inside of the steering wheel. I had a Rhino like that before and it sucked!

I went from 32" Mongrels on the stock wheels, which handled great, to 30" Tensors on these wheels. This setup corners much much better and stops better too. I feel like I can do no wrong now. I steer, floor it, and the car does more then what I want!

I have the Mongrels for sale. But, I'm really tempted to put them on these wheels so I can see if it's mainly the offset that's better or the tires. I'm sure it's a combo of both though.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Rynomx785,

Unfortunately sounds like what they offer is not going to work for me, i need 5+2 so i can still fit in my trailer with the long travel kit. Stock wheels only clear by about 1/2" on both sides so the 4+3 would put me into the sides for sure.
Really the only 15" wheel in a 5+2 that I have been able to find is the STI HD5.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I debated over the offset for a couple of months. I really wanted more width for stability. I'm very happy that I went with 4x3 instead of 5x2!

Yes the steering takes a little bit of effort now. But it doesn't have bad bump steer where I would be afraid of having my thumbs on the inside of the steering wheel. I had a Rhino like that before and it sucked!

I went from 32" Mongrels on the stock wheels, which handled great, to 30" Tensors on these wheels. This setup corners much much better and stops better too. I feel like I can do no wrong now. I steer, floor it, and the car does more then what I want!

I have the Mongrels for sale. But, I'm really tempted to put them on these wheels so I can see if it's mainly the offset that's better or the tires. I'm sure it's a combo of both though.
Thanks.... I'm still torn on what to get. I'm thinking about getting 401s and doing a 5+2 in the front and 4+3 in the back like Stephen mentioned. I wish there were more wheels that came in both offsets.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Rynomx785,

I have rubbed mine on a narrow trailer and it works fine as long as nothing sharp hanging off the rails......

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ

How much do you want for the Mongrels BTW? I may be interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000