Motorhead Events UTV racing in Missouri

MikeGarrison247

May 9, 2013
Missouri
Hey guys! My name is Mike Garrison. Long story short I grew up racing motocross, but was paralyzed in 2006 after crashing at a local race. Since then I've turned my attention to UTV and offroad racing! Unfortunately here in Missouri there hasn't been much short course style racing for UTV's...as most of it is all woods stuff.

Jay Reynolds of Motorhead Events has announced that his new Arenacross series at Springfield Raceway in Springfield, Missouri WILL also feature UTV racing at each event.

When I heard the news, I was SUPER excited for some more short course / motocross style racing here in the midwest.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, in case you live in the midwest and are looking for somewhere to race!

The website hasn't been updated with the UTV info as of yet, but the first race is tonight (5/17/2013) and we're headed that way to check it out!

http://www.motorheadevents.com/arenacross.html

thekevin

Mar 23, 2013
I saw this on Facebook but thought it was all motorcycle. I will definitely be up there for the utv races, just as a spectator there's no way my rhino is set up for that.

MikeGarrison247

May 9, 2013
Missouri
The race turned out to be a really good time! They had two classes of UTV's, the Unlimited 900cc+ class and the 800cc class. The track is based on the arenacross style track that the bikes and ATV's run which includes a cool set of whoops, a few doubles, and a fast high bank sweeper around the dirt oval track. The track they laid out was challenging, yet fun for the UTVs.

Rumor has it they are going to be working on incorporating more of the track for the UTV's, and tabletopping some of the rhythm sections for us to use as well. IF that is true, the racing will only get better!

I definitely recommend anyone nearby coming out for one of these races! Definitely a lot of fun and good racing to watch and participate in for bikes, atv's, AND UTV's!

thekevin

Mar 23, 2013
I finally made it up to watch last friday night and I was impressed with the setup. I am taking my rhino this friday night to run in the under 800 class, it should be a blast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

MUCHADO

May 19, 2011
Mike - Saw you guys out at the Washington race last night. good times!!! Looking to get into more short course racing. We're from KC also... going to hit up one of these spring field events soon.

MikeGarrison247

May 9, 2013
Missouri
Hey Rob!

Washington was a great time! I believe there is two more races at Springfield, but they are on Saturday...which for most people (including myself) will be MUCH easier to make the trip and race without having to take off work :)

MUCHADO

May 19, 2011
I agree - for us the Saturday races are much easier to make than a Friday night... Springfield is much closer to home so I'm glad I ran across your post.

You guys going to be at Sedalia tomorrow night? I'm going to head that direction after work to spectate. Blew my front diff up during my heat (green XP - 2nd moto at Washington). Got a new one ordered today, but that will take a week or so to get here.

casey88

Aug 12, 2013
did my first race in an rzr at washington it was AWESOME really intersted in doing some more short course racing dident see any info on the motor head web site and is there any thing eles around missouri as far as short course racing

MikeGarrison247

May 9, 2013
Missouri
Rob- Yep we'll be there! It will be quite a change from Washington! LOL! Being a TT track, I'm guessing it will be pretty flat.

Casey- Tomorrow night is UTV TT Racing at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia. Other than that, not much unfortunately. With 40 entries total at the Washington fair, I think somebody could get a good series going around the state/midwest at a lot of these motocross tracks that run bikes and ATVs. Thunder Ridge in Kirksville, HWY65 in Sedalia, HLR in Moberly, and so on.

I met a guy that turned me onto the IATVHSS series in Iowa. They have a short course race coming up in September sometime. About 3 1/2 hours from KC.

MikeGarrison247

May 9, 2013
Missouri
I'm not really sure, I haven't raced any of the IATVHSS tracks yet. I know most of them are hare scrambles in the woods I believe. I grew up racing bikes, and trees scared me on bikes...and they still scare me now LOL. They do have a short course series too that I JUST found out about. I think we are going to try and go up to Chariton, Iowa for the next one on September 21st.

Looks like the other two rounds of the series have already ran :(
http://www.iatvhss.com/tracks.php

MikeGarrison247

May 9, 2013
Missouri
Thought I replied, but now it's not showing up lol.

As I meant to say, I'm not sure...I haven't ran any of the IATVHSS races. I grew up racing bikes and was afraid of trees then, and I still am now LOL. I believe majority of those races are woods races. They do have a short course series it looks like though (ISCS).

We may try to go to the one in Chariton, Iowa on September 14th.
http://www.iatvhss.com/tracks.php

MikeGarrison247

May 9, 2013
Missouri
My responses keep disappearing!

I haven't ran any of the IATVHSS races yet, but most of them are in the woods I believe. I grew up racing bikes and trees scared me then...and they still do now LOL. They do have a short course series (ISCS) that has a race coming up it looks like on September 14th. I think we are going to try and go up there for that one.

MUCHADO

May 19, 2011
My responses keep disappearing!

I haven't ran any of the IATVHSS races yet, but most of them are in the woods I believe. I grew up racing bikes and trees scared me then...and they still do now LOL. They do have a short course series (ISCS) that has a race coming up it looks like on September 14th. I think we are going to try and go up there for that one.
Kelly has a woods track at his place Paola(Kelly's name is Blacksheep10 on here)... If you guys wanna come out and practice/ride sometime you’re more than welcome to. We’re headed up for Heartland Challenge Friday - so I’ll see what the Carslile venue is all about… My front diff is en route from Polaris so I’m just gonna co-dawg for my buddy in his Can Am.. Hopefully we can keep it together (it was the one lifted off the track by tractor last weekend missing axles and wheels).​

Might make the September 14<SUP>th</SUP> race in IA too… But definitely going to be at Springfield for the September 21<SUP>st</SUP> race.​

Brandonatv

Aug 12, 2013
Hey guys I stated a new Facebook page just for us!! Midwest utv riders!

Like it and share it so we can unionize!

We can do a lot as a group!!
You can post races you hear about and technical info!!

If a promoter contacts the page or I contact them I can guarantee them x amount of racers to put on a good show!!

I really want to grow this sport in the Midwest! Help me out!

Brandon

Mc_racer

Nov 13, 2011

MUCHADO

May 19, 2011
I raced both the Washington ace and IATVHSS this year. The Washington race had bigger jumps than anything I've seen in Iowa so far. I have some helmet cam footage from iowa and Washington if you would like to see the difference.
Here's the first two iowa races, please ignore the co driver, he forgets about the video some times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QJGSCRmblU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfuzadV8GeY
And the Washington race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUI0uynIEe0

Thanks for sharing!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000