Kawasaki my 2nd ride with the T4 and i am really impressed

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well i made a trip through the deset today with my neighbor, he has a cannedham and since the other 3 that were supposed to go i made an exception for his ride.

i did not have my girls on this ride so i was able to run a little faster than i should on a few trails. without the weight of passengers my T4 rode a little stiff on the slow speed trails. but at 30 to 50 mph over rocky trail is was just fine.

we rode 50 miles through Martinez Mine near Florance AZ which has some really rough rocky trails and some smooth washes. once we started to hit the technical rocky trails my T4 did much better than the Commander. My wheelbase, width, power steering and locking front differential made my day easy. i just locked in 4wd and pointed it through the ugly stuff. i had a couple of high centers where i had to back up and take a different approach. the Commander had some rough times with the boulders and ledges.

luckly i was leading the whole day and the Commander had a winch that we had to hook up to my tow hitch twice. two big ledges uphill with ruts, i just locked in 4wd and in low gear climbed up them very easily. then set the Commander tried and without a full locking front differential, once one of his tires were off the ground he did not move. so out came the winch and hooked it up to my T4.

overall i am very impressed with the T4. i drug it through some nasty rocky washes today with the stock skid plates and i only dented and scratched the rocker panels. the wheel base, power steering and locking differential are awesome. i cannot wait to go out next weekend.

steep switchbacks that climb the mountain

down hill from the mine was very steep and loose rocks, yeah i was puckered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000