My new 2017 Sunrise Ford F350 Lariat FX4

Discussion in 'Sunrise Ford' started by JoeyD23, Dec 13, 2016.

1. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com009.jpg

Well as most of you know I have been running the same 1999 Ford F250 7.3 PSD since before I launched UTVUnderground.com. At 288K miles the old girls still runs like a top. It has been to Baja more times than I can count, a million trips between Vegas and Southern California, Moab 5 times, and all over the southwest mostly with a trailer behind it. The old girl has never left me stranded on the side of the road and I credit a lot of that to some awesome Ford friends who have helped me stay on top of maintenance and tweak out on details to improve it and keep it looking fresh.

While I will forever love and keep the old seven-three, it was time to step up, mainly out of want and necessity. Recently we acquired our new 2018 Attitude 39CR toy hauler / fifth-wheel and while the old seven-three could and would pull it down the road, trying to climb any of these grades leaving Southern California would surely prove to be a major task. Beyond that, as she approaches 300K, I just don't have the confidence in doing any really long cross-country type road trips with a full load behind it. Lastly, the ergonomics in the old girl are light years from what the new trucks are.

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com011.jpg

With a new big dog trailer, a full travel schedule on the plate in 2017 and a desire to finally upgrade to a new vehicle we began our search. While I am a Ford guy through and through, I did explore the other brands. I looked at Chevy and Dodge closely and I must say, all the new trucks being built today are nice and have their own huge positives with very little downside. Of course Chevy, Ford and Dodge guys will all tell you why their brand of choice rules and the others suck, but the reality is, all these trucks are bad ass. With that said, my heart was desiring a new Ford. Luckily for me, this job has provided me with contacts all over the motorsports and automotive world. A good friend introduced me to Bobby Williams at Sunrise Ford, from there it was on!!

Bobby and I spoke over the phone about what my needs and wants were, we spoke about Sunrise Ford and UTVUnderground and quickly came to the conclusion that together we could do some really cool stuff, beyond putting me behind the wheel of a killer new truck. Another meeting was had with Bobby and the owners of Sunrise Ford and before you knew it we were picking out a new truck and building a plan on how we could integrate Sunrise Ford into the UTV world via UTVUnderground.com. It would be an easy transition, everyone I met at Sunrise Ford was either an off-road enthusiast, motorsports enthusiast, UTV enthusiast or all of the above. As fans of UTVUnderground.com they were just as excited to join the site as I was about driving home a new truck. What resulted was me picking out a new 2017 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 and Sunrise Ford committing to joining the UTVUnderground.com and extending the same amazing service and pricing to all of you, members, readers and followers of UTVUG!

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com007.jpg

Before I tell you about my new truck, I want you to all know that it will be very easy for you to not only get an amazing price, but just as good as that will be an amazing experience with experienced and high ranking players at Sunrise Ford. By contacting the guys below and mentioning that you are a member of UTVUnderground.com you will get priority service, special pricing and just a great overall experience!!

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com005.jpg

Bobby Williams is a 19 year veteran of Sunrise Ford. Bobby is Director of Fleet Sales, owns a RZR and a Funco sand rail. He lives the same lifestyle as us and as one of the top employees in the company, has the juice to make your experience buying a new truck or car seamless and painless. He is the kind of guy you usually are hoping to meet or speak with at a dealership as he can cut the BS and make the calls without jumping through hoops with shot-callers above him.

You can contact Bobby directly by emailing him at [email protected] or you can call Sunrise Ford and ask for him by name.

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com006.jpg

Working alongside Bobby is another great dude, Matt Charland. Matt is Commercial Account Manager and is a 15 year veteran of Sunrise Ford. Matt and Bobby work hand in hand both at the dealership but outside of work are great friends. Matt actually is the guy who got Bobby and the owners of Sunrise into going to the dunes and playing in the desert so he also is one of us, an off-road guy who loves trucks and having a good time. Matt started as a wrench in the service department and worked his way up to his current position in sales. He has owned every version of the Super Duty and can tell you more about every single engine, power-train and detail surrounding the Ford line of trucks then you could ever want. He probably has forgotten more about these trucks then you or I will ever know and one conversation with him will prove me correct.

You can contact Matt directly by emailing him at [email protected] or you can call Sunrise Ford and ask for him by name.

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com002.jpg

Now to the fun stuff!! We needed a big truck, but I didn't want a dually. I do a lot of running around in Baja and other areas more local that would make diving a dually around a PITA! So I knew I wanted a diesel powered, 4x4, F350 single rear wheel (SRW) long bed. What I wasn't set on was trim package, color or options but I was hoping to be able to go all-in. Well, I went all in!

After looking at options with Bobby and Matt, we found a 2017 F350 Lariat that had everything I needed plus one of the nicest trim packages you could ever want in a truck. My 99 F250 is a Lariat, but its not like this Lariat! This truck has everything and while I will save all of the specs and details for the feature vehicle story we plan to drop soon, I will tell you this truck is like a space ship.

You can see more about the truck here: http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/trim/f350lariat/viewall/

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com004.jpg

I couldn't be more excited to have a new truck. Every time I drive it I discover something new. The other night I was driving at night for the first time and learned that the brights will turn on and off by itself. It has 7 cameras that provide you with a full top 360 view when backing up in addition to the standard back up camera. The truck has lights everywhere and you can change the interior lights to just about any color you want. The front seats are both air conditioned and heated while the rear seats also have heaters in them. The voice activation is super cool, allowing you to tell the truck what temp to set the climate at, who to call, what destination you want to set the navigation too or what station to turn too on sirius, radio or ipod. The control center also connects to your smart phone via Ford Sync 3 technology and will actually display your phones apps right on the trucks large touch screen.

Outside of the bells and whistles which include a power opening rear tailgate, the power-train is where its at!! The Ford 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel has 460hp and 925ft.lbs of torque! At just under 1000 lbs of torque what more could you want to yank a fully loaded trailer around!! On top of that it has a 5 year 100K mile warranty on the power-train. The truck also has massive disc brakes at all four corners, an exhaust brake to be used when towing, and downhill decent control which will allow you to maintain a consistent speed under 20mph no matter the load you have on the truck.

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com010.jpg

To conclude, this truck is bad ass. It looks good, drives like dream and has all the amenities of a high-end vehicle. Not only will we be using the heck out of this rig, we also plan to build it up. On deck for the new truck is a set of 20" Walker Evans Racing wheels, a set of 35" tires, a KORE Performance suspension leveling kit, lighting, and more. We will keep you up to date on our mods as well as how the truck is performing for us. We have no doubt this truck is going to be amazing!

Take advantage of the UTVUnderground deal at Sunrise Ford. Whether you need service at their service department which is open 7 days a week and has same day diagnostic services, or you want to purchase a new or used truck or car, contact Bobby and/or Matt at Sunrise Ford and give them a shot, we promise you won't be disappointed!

Bobby Williams - [email protected]
    Matt Charland - [email protected]
    Sunrise Ford - www.SunriseFord.com

2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com003.jpg 2017-ford-f350-lariat-fx4-utvunderground.com001.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. tatum

tatum Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU

What diameter are the stock wheels? I know its the in thing but I could never run 20's unless I was running atleast a 40 inch tire.

3. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

Those are 20" wheels. They just look right to me on these trucks now. I have 17s on my 99 and they look good also but I love how the bigger wheels look with some decent meat wrapped around them.

4. desertwheeler

desertwheeler Extra Crispy

That's a beautiful truck Joey! I knew bobby from the Southern California powerstroke days and he put on a big event every year and lots of trucks would gather. I didn't buy my truck from him but if I got another ford it would be from him. He was a great guy when I was involved in the club and always took care of the people who bought from him! Now let's see that bad boy on Carli suspension and 37's!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

Bobby is a great guy and told me his history with SO Cal PowerStroke. Pretty cool how much he and I have in common and beyond that how many people we both know and are friends with.

As for the Carli, a lot of people have recomended that kit but all I need is a leveling kit and by buddy Kent Kroeker owns KORE Performance, is a neighbor, a Marine, and a hardcore off-road racer so I am going to keep it in the family and support him on this one. After that I would probably support Cognito Motorsports because Justin and BiggJim are such longtime supporters of UTVUnderground.

I looked at 37s and they definitely look the best on the truck but I really don't want to mess with the gearing on the truck. Whats your guys take there?

• Like Like x 1
  6. desertwheeler

I drove a kore lifted truck and it sure drove sweet! I don't blame you on keeping it in the family, that's the way we should be! 35's are barely an inch bigger than stock 20's so that's probably gonna be the best bet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

Thats what I figured. I follow AlumiDuty on Instagram and have been geek'ing out on these 2017s with 37s on them. They look so good, but just like with my 99, I want to keep it as close to stock as possible while making it look better and work better for my needs.

These are the 20 Walker's I am going with.

504-legacy-street-wheels (1).jpg 504-legacy-street-wheels.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. desertwheeler

Those will look SWEET on it! I run 35's on my 08 with a leveling kit and I couldn't be happier with the looks and how it didn't kill the performance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jajl22

jajl22 Active Member

I see your truck came equipped with the midget stripper pole and fold out bench seat for watching the races or sand drags!!!

Not a Ford guy but a nice truck is a nice truck and that sure is one...congrats on the new ride!

• Like Like x 1
  10. warlock

warlock Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved

I would do the 35s and the leveling kit. For daily use and Towing a lot it just works out better. 37s and more lift and height makes the 5th Wheel Trailer higher in the front which puts more load on the Trailers rear tires and can over heat them. My 450 Had some little 245 x17 I think it was and I put the 285s on and you can feel it and see it in the gas gauge to. For Sandy areas off road I like some rubber that you can air down and get the tires to bulge out for flotation and that's tough with them Skinny Rubber 22s.
    Funny thing about growing up is now I'm kinda past the days of wanting a big Ass Truck to climb in and out of. I want to lift the new 2017 Dually so bad cause they look Tuff but I go to Vegas a lot and some of them above ground and Underground Garages barely give my truck a few inches of clearance as it is now. So screw it I just change the wheels and tires out and call it good.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

I have never been a lifted truck guy. Always though they rode like shit and looked funny. I mean, there was a time in the 90s when I was a teenager I thought they looked bad ass but by the time I could afford a super duty I wanted no part of it. Hell, I even left my old plastic steps on the side much to the dismay of my crew lol. New rig has auto steps, so much better!!!

12. warlock

Wait until you Tow with it. That 6.7 will blow your mind at how effortlessly it pulls like it's not even working and pulling the hills you won't even have to Floor it , shit you will be lifting off the gas lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BiggJim

BiggJim I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved

She's purrty!! Good luck with it....it will not out live your 7.3....hell it will probably not out live a gasser.

• Like Like x 1
  14. warlock

We have some 6.7 ford's with over 300k and no problems

• Like Like x 1
  15. ROTAX

ROTAX CannedHam - La Familia

woah.....thats a bad ass F350

• Like Like x 1
  16. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

I can't wait. Just need to get a fifth wheel hitch me I'll be pulling the new toy hauler to AZ for New Years.

17. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

Thanks. Every time I drive it I find something new.

I used the cruise control today and it has a setting that allows you to set a distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. What it does is let's say you set cruise at 80mph. You will stay at 80 but if the vehicle in front slows the truck will automatically drop the speed to whatever that vehicle is doing and maintain the same distance you set too. Once they move or speed up the truck will them auto resume to 80mph or whatever your set speed was.

You literally don't have to touch gas or brake. It's going to be so nice on the long hauls we do in the rig.

18. ROTAX

ROTAX CannedHam - La Familia

dam, you can take a nap while cruise control defines its game. WIN

19. sand shark

sand shark Well-Known Member

Nice truck!

20. warlock

Our Trucks have over 300k of what I would call severe Duty since all they do is haul huge Trailers and Toyhaulers all the Time so 300k is probably a little tougher than daily driving city trucks lol.
    We service the Tranny once a year now matter what and that really helps.
    I never shut them off on the road either so learn your door code and jump out hit the 2 buttons on the right side of key pad simultaneously and it locks it up while she is Running.