My new 2017 Sunrise Ford F350 Lariat FX4

Discussion in 'Sunrise Ford' started by JoeyD23, Dec 13, 2016.

1. desertwheeler

desertwheeler Extra Crispy

I could see with that hitch you could load a trailer and get the weight distributed correctly. Like an enclosed trailer for example you could move things around to get the best tongue weight. A scale on a WD hitch doesn't make much sense to me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sandman365

Sandman365 Booze Cruzin'

Just takes out most of the toy box and travel trailer crowd, which is big. Am I going to spend $300 for a hitch that i cant use to tow all my trailers?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. desertwheeler

If I'm spending that $$ it has to pull all my trailers specifically a pintle with a heavy rating.

4. kmb760

kmb760 Member

Am I the only one that thinks this hitch would only be used on smaller loads but ideal in finding out my tongue weight on my heavier loads. Those heavier loads would still be used with a load distribution hitch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. warlock

warlock Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved

Insurance company would drop your claim like a hot potato if you new you were over weight. Lol. But who cares.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

6. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

Well, I got the 5th wheel hitch all in thanks to the guys at All Auto Escondido and Sunrise Ford.
    We lifted the bed and installed a factory ford Bed Prep Package which will allow me to remove my hitch and have my entire bed with no drilled holes or rails left in place.

Because my REESE Pro Series hitch is a couple years old, I ordered a REESE picture frame adapter which mounts into the bed prep and then allows the hitch to mount up. All of it removes with the release of a couple cotter pins.

We also installed the factory Ford in-bed trailer plug so I don't have to drop my plug outside the tailgate.

I hooked it up and towed our rig to Parker and back with ease!! More to come on that!

2017-sunrise-ford-utvunderground-fifth-wheel-hitch002.jpg 2017-sunrise-ford-utvunderground-fifth-wheel-hitch005.jpg 2017-sunrise-ford-utvunderground-fifth-wheel-hitch001.jpg 2017-sunrise-ford-utvunderground-fifth-wheel-hitch003.jpg 2017-sunrise-ford-utvunderground-fifth-wheel-hitch004.jpg

7. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 #utvunderground

[​IMG]

Went to the guys at KORE Performance and had their 2017 Super Duty leveling kit installed. Also got hooked up by Fox and got their 2.0 truck shocks at all four corners. Not only is the stance improved, the ride is awesome. This new front coil gives the truck almost 10" of wheel travel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Before

[​IMG]
    After

8. desertwheeler

I'm pretty sure I saw you going through Barstow today, if that was you it sure is a good looking truck!