All UTV's Need help with fuel plumbing on 900xp with a cell

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
Hey guys. I am building a 900xp to run bitd, and need a little help with the fuel system. I have on of the lonestar racing fuel cells, that goes under the seat, and need some information on how to plumb a bypass regulator in the system. As I understand it, the factory regulator is built on the end of the fuel rail. Some have said that it can be used, buy I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
I run an aeromotive regulator with pressure gauge and set It a little high on the psi. the fuel rail does the rest if I am too high on psi.the stock pump had a built in regulator also , I thought anyway. the aeromotive regulator has a return which I plumbed in with the same return coming off of the rail

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
So, let me see if I am getting this right. You run a regulator (set a little high) before the fuel rail to limit pressure, and let the factory fuel pressure regulator at the end of the fuel rail bring it the rest of the way down?

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
So, let me see if I am getting this right. You run a regulator (set a little high) before the fuel rail to limit pressure, and let the factory fuel pressure regulator at the end of the fuel rail bring it the rest of the way down?
yep. my aftermarket pump puts out 80 psi, so I put on the regulator and dropped it down to just under 50 I think it was and the regulator in the fuel rail brings it down the rest to about 43 psi if I remember right... so far it hasn't let me down ,,,,. LOL

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I didn't know Lonestar offered a fuel cell for the 900?

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Your fuel output will run into regulator. Reg makes pressure by bleeding off fuel back to tank from bottom port. Opposite port goes to fuel rail.

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
Thanks Brian. I finally figured it out. I bought a fuel rail from K&T performance, and put a regulator after the rail. Works like a charm. Also, the fuel cell is the one for the 1k. I asked if it would fit in a 900, and they did not know, but gave me all the measurements. I measured several times, and decided that it would. I will put up some pics later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000