Need help with wheels and paddles for the sand

I am building a Rhino big bore Rotax swap for running the dunes and need suggestions on front and rear wheel specs, 12" or 14" and what width and offset or haw they spec them out for SXS's. Also what paddles front and rear?

I deal alot with BMF wheels for trucks and they are making me there first set of SXS wheels but I am not sure what specs I need then to build, reason why I am asking for help.

Here is a pics of the wheel:

Thank you for any help.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
for paddles you want 12" wheels, many tire options that way.
with the power your gonna run, 26x12x12 9 Skats and shaved sides front ITP dune stars on 8" wide wheels. 4-4 offset would be ideal.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
You definatly want a 12" wheel. I dont have any experience with rotax but I have been duning for a lot of years.....In my opinion anything more than a 8 paddle tire is too much. I think a 26x12x12 8 paddles would be on the verge of too much tire....unless your planning on making over 80+ hp....

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net

I prefer the STU Sand Blasters in the rear which require a wider rear wheel (maybe a 12"). The picture above has the full width paddle which my RZR XP and 999cc Teryx pull well. But I also tried a stagger cut paddle and it spins up a little faster. I think the full paddle is fine for my 999cc Teryx and the stagger is best for the RZR XP.

More details: Sand Tire Review

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000