All UTV's Need Machine Advice

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
Hey folks!

I'm leaving the Dirt Bike Scene to join the SxS Club. I need some serious un bias advise as I don't have much seat experience in a SXS.
I live in Georgia and Most of my Riding is in Durhamtown or SunnySide ATV Park. Mostly trail riding and some GP Tracking. I have bad knees as a Result of too many Airborne Jumps in the Army, hence the move to SxS.

I'm a Yamaha fan and really like the YXZ but I'm concerned about the clutch and the SS reliability. I love the RZR1000 Turbo but don't like the cheap interior and the ball joints and belt issues. I lime the fit and finish of the Maverick Turbo but I'm concern about the Starter and EPS.

I know they all are not perfect and will need repairs, I just don't want to be spending crazy money right of the bat on a brand new machine that cost 20k. To me is disappointing to get issues as soon as you walk out of the dealership.

Please advise, I like working on cars/bikes but want the most reliable machine!!!

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
I moved from dirtbikes to sxs because of the pain associated with riding dirtbikes for 19 years. I have a 2016 XP 1000 now and absolutely love it. I didn't get the turbo because of all the problems they're having. And the price difference wasn't worth it in my mind. However I haven't felt the power the turbo has, so I don't know what I'm missing!

I have the skill to work on my own vehicles and I'm lucky because I can't leave anything alone. Maintenance is easy so far and I'm very happy with my purchase.

I'm very happy with my RZR. I would recommend one!

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
I moved from dirtbikes to sxs because of the pain associated with riding dirtbikes for 19 years. I have a 2016 XP 1000 now and absolutely love it. I didn't get the turbo because of all the problems they're having. And the price difference wasn't worth it in my mind. However I haven't felt the power the turbo has, so I don't know what I'm missing!

I have the skill to work on my own vehicles and I'm lucky because I can't leave anything alone. Maintenance is easy so far and I'm very happy with my purchase.

I'm very happy with my RZR. I would recommend one!
How many miles do you have in your rig? Have you had any issues with the belt? What is wrong with the XP Turbo? What has gone wrong in your RZR if anything?

Do you know anything about the YXZ and Maverick?

I like the fact that the YXZ doesn't use a belt but I'm concerned about the clutch.

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
I have 660 km on my rzr. The only issue I've had it is the belt slapping the cover a little bit. So I had the dealer look st it and they're going to fix it all up for me. Not sure exactly what they're going to do.

The oil leaking, belt issues have heard of scared me off of the XP Turbo. I was on rzrforums.net, and in the XPT forum it's mostly posts about problems with the turbo. I want a toy I can really enjoy. I don't want to deal with a bunch of bullshit. I have an offroad truck as well, and the rzr is such a huge step up over that. And I loved the freedom of being on a dirtbike but it was so hard on you after a while. I think sxs are the best off-road vehicle ever made.

Another reason I chose Polaris is the huge amount of aftermarket support out there.

I don't know much about the YXZ or CanAm but someone here will fill you in about those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cool_Racer_79

uphoto

Sep 10, 2016
Also keep in mind that internet forums while being an amazing source of information, problems are what are usually talked about and things tend to seem a little overblown when just looking at forums. There are a lot of happy people riding around in a sxs not aware of the issues other people are having.

It's like this for any product you might own, look up your make and model of car and there are tons of complaints, look up your freaking kitchen blender and there is probably a bunch of complaints about faulty things. Just how the intranet thingy works.

Reactions: Cool_Racer_79

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
Also keep in mind that internet forums while being an amazing source of information, problems are what are usually talked about and things tend to seem a little overblown when just looking at forums. There are a lot of happy people riding around in a sxs not aware of the issues other people are having.

It's like this for any product you might own, look up your make and model of car and there are tons of complaints, look up your freaking kitchen blender and there is probably a bunch of complaints about faulty things. Just how the intranet thingy works.
What do you ride?

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
Ended up buying a YXZ at a smoking deal. She is already at the shop but for good reasons. Getting a Custom Cage, Radiator Relocation, Temperature Gauge, Steering Rack Strengthening and Full Alba Racing Exhaust with ECU Flash!!!

Reactions: j45oN and Dano52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000