NEW 2016 Polaris GENERAL!!

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
i read up on this a bit when you released it this morning.

Looks like it would be a great rig to replace the rhino with for camping and hunting duties.
Then i could let the ladies drive it at the dunes and keep them out of my RZR haha!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
all i was able to get out of the whole thing is, its a RZR1000S with apparently a ranger 900 transmission along with a bed and a cool interior AND the biggest kicker did you read what the 0-40mph time was?? thats a simple little number that most folks wont even recognize or take care in untill they realize what that looks like when compared to another machine. like the maverick turbo. a 100% stock maverick turbo runs 3.73 seconds in 0-40. so this little rig is freaking fast! faster than a mav turbo in the short run

98GP

Apr 25, 2012
The General is cool.
I like it.
I think it Polaris's best design to date!
I wish I could justify the cost to own one which leads me to the following thought...

I wonder if Polaris has thought about a street legal SXS (similar to the General) as their next cool vehicle to release to the public. They have all the parts there on the General for this except tires and turn signals.

If vehicles like the Can-Am Spyder and Polaris Slingshot are road worthy than why not a street legal SxS/UTV?

Who wouldnt love to drive their SXS to work during the week and be able to go play on the weekends without a tow/haul vehicle.

Reactions: Bajaxp

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
The General is cool.
I like it.
I think it Polaris's best design to date!
I wish I could justify the cost to own one which leads me to the following thought...

I wonder if Polaris has thought about a street legal SXS (similar to the General) as their next cool vehicle to release to the public. They have all the parts there on the General for this except tires and turn signals.

If vehicles like the Can-Am Spyder and Polaris Slingshot are road worthy than why not a street legal SxS/UTV?

Who wouldnt love to drive their SXS to work during the week and be able to go play on the weekends without a tow/haul vehicle.
Think the difference is that Spyder and Slingshot fall into a motorcycle category for regulations/safety equipment etc...
Factory street legal 4 wheeled machine would probably have to pass test like any other car or truck out there.
Could be wrong.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
umm. you ever parked a rzr on the side of a hill or in a cross-ditch? you hear the cage creaking and the doors wont open anymore cause of how bad the frame flexes? i think it would be nearly impossible to make them street worthy and pass the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. those folks who crash vehicles over and over and record all the info to see the crash-worthiness as they call it. a RZR would fail at a 10mph rolling crash. i think if you actually build a street legal car, it has to go thru those guys first to "ok" it, and i seriously doubt you will see any manufacturer go thru those steps and processes in order to get a UTV street worthy. if so, your RZR would cost $30,000.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I thought that 0-40 time was fast when i read it, thx for confirming it Airdam.

As far as street legal daily driver, no thx the maintenance cost would be too high and too often.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I like it! I always wished there was a more sport oriented ute out there. I chose a sport machine but this thing would have been high on the list for me!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I'm impressed and like it! Much nicer dash & instruments, nice power, and suspension for a crossover sport/utility UTV. Nice to see a forward opening door with interior door panel. Also it looks to have more leg room? I'm not in the market to buy another SXS, but come March I will go down to the dealership and check one out.

Reactions: JoeyD23

hoof hearted

Nov 18, 2015
Nikal-the way I read it, the blue and orange models will be out in December, the red (base) won't be here till March.
This looks like a great machine, just wonder why they went with an awd setup, I hate being the guinea pig on stuff like that

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Nikal-the way I read it, the blue and orange models will be out in December, the red (base) won't be here till March.
This looks like a great machine, just wonder why they went with an awd setup, I hate being the guinea pig on stuff like that
Every RZR ever made has had On Demand 4wheel/AWD This is by far nothing new!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000