New here

charlow230

Dec 28, 2018
Im an east coast utv owner out of central PA, 23yrs old, I have a 2017 YXZ1000R SS SE, I absolutely love it its been amazing, iv had problems all from my own doing, clutches, 5th gear, crappy stock tires, i even totalled it and rebuilt it, all within 2200 miles I call it the battle buggy, now that I know what NOT to do ive installed all this:

krash offroad rollcage
dragonfire 3" harness
full dasa exhaust/efi tuner
yamaha flip up windsheild
Fuel customs door skins
seizmik mirrors
1st:gytr/2nd:k&n air filters
method 401 beadlocks 5+2/sti chicanes 28x10x14
Rockford fosgate stage 2 audio
Aem eugo wideband afr gauge
Graves smog delete
Yamaha storage box

I absolutely love this machine it'll be mine for a very long time, much much more in store for it and myslef as an owner, hoping to learn some things here, and also help others, thanks for reading heres some transformation pics

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Welcome..nice to see someone showing off what can be done and hopefully inspiring someone else to do the same with maybe a used machine picked up at a good price. It's also good to hear an owner simply claiming that they will be owning their car for a very long time.
It's gotten to the point in some of these discussions that making these purchasing decisions is akin buying a 'three wheeler' back in the day or that every other owner is some sun-baked 'dude' waiting for the band to kick in at a desert rally outside a trailer/truck costing more than most people's houses.
It's the guys and gals willing to wrench and innovate (especially safety-wise) who will save this sport.

charlow230

Dec 28, 2018
Welcome..nice to see someone showing off what can be done and hopefully inspiring someone else to do the same with maybe a used machine picked up at a good price. It's also good to hear an owner simply claiming that they will be owning their car for a very long time.
It's gotten to the point in some of these discussions that making these purchasing decisions is akin buying a 'three wheeler' back in the day or that every other owner is some sun-baked 'dude' waiting for the band to kick in at a desert rally outside a trailer/truck costing more than most people's houses.
It's the guys and gals willing to wrench and innovate (especially safety-wise) who will save this sport.
Thanks! It was a tough decision on fixing or letting it go, letting it go wouldve costed twice as much more than fixing it. I figured it wouldnt be hard and it really wasn't, took a few weeks just working on the weekends for a few hours. Having some beers chilling with friends. Overall it was a great opportunity to learn a lot about my machine and have fun doing it!

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Did you add some braces during the rebuild - Krash, Texiera, Weller, etc?
We also found the YXZ (along with Teryx & Mavericks) benefit from a second A pillar tube and one from the B pillar to frqm @ the suspension pivot (aka triangulation). For some reason I can not post photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlow230

Dec 28, 2018
Did you add some braces during the rebuild - Krash, Texiera, Weller, etc?
We also found the YXZ (along with Teryx & Mavericks) benefit from a second A pillar tube and one from the B pillar to frqm @ the suspension pivot (aka triangulation). For some reason I can not post photos.

No i didn't, but i plan to add krash front ones soon, not sure what they make for the back but I don't plan on doing any weld in type just want bolt on stuff, front end is my main concern really, but the goal is to not let anyone drive it any more haha cause it was actually my girlfriend that totalled it

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
For bolt ones:
Weller makes a rear one.
Krash makes a front one - a hint on installing it - we ground off the powder coat where the clamp goes - also welded on a short piece of 1.75x120 DOM to the frame and butted up to the clamp - though is during a hard hit this will keep the clamp from sliding.

charlow230

Dec 28, 2018
Added some dbd customs windsheild wipers and I also Made a few changes recently after I broke 1st-2nd gear and bent a shift fork in the trans(donuts in snow 1st gear letting the revvy sing I grabbed second and it caught grip as Well.. And boom haha) but while the trans was in the shop I added an alba ultralight flywheel, and 1.5" wheel spacers, I have an alba airbox spacer, and gytr velocity stacks that will be going on very soon aswell

The lighter flywheel woke up the beast within this machine I was very surprised! Everyone claims that it ruins the low rpm/speed crawling type of riding and that's completely over exaggerated, I did the same slow/tight/technical stuff I always do with ease. Minor change in throttle control and problem solved, throttle response is 10× faster, acceleration is much more aggressive, and I can still crawl 5mph without seeing my clutch light. a heavier one sounded useless to me and has proven so

The spacers changed a lot also, handles like a rally car, rides smoother, and just looks so much better.

Shes ready for battle

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000