new ride for me, Its Maverick time!!!!!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
this Mav is well thought out. it has 5 extra plugs behind the dash with acc power. The extra switch holes just have plugs in them, pop them out and slide in a new switch.

the front bumper is all aluminum and only weighs 4lbs. it also has some ugly Transformer bumble bee plastics on it that i tossed and cut off brackets then repainted it black.

for some reason the upper cage gussetts are boxed in with a plastic cover, those too came off and were tossed aside.

i drilled some holes under the exhaust and hung my license plate and wired up a light for it.

then i popped in a momentary switch in the dash and wired up a horn.

i also wired up my Quick Light, but need to weld on a tab for it tomorrow.

i need to stop by SDHQ tomorrow and pick up a rearview mirror and tabs to weld to the cage.

i also need to mount my Rugged Radio in the glovebox, weld a tab for the antenna and wire it all up.

i still need to make sure the two cars will fit inside the TH, i measured twice but untill i drive them inside you nevr know.

then i have to fabricate a 8'x4' platform on the back TH to hold the little ones Raptor.

eff me i think i will be fabricating on xmas day.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
this Mav is well thought out. it has 5 extra plugs behind the dash with acc power. The extra switch holes just have plugs in them, pop them out and slide in a new switch.

the front bumper is all aluminum and only weighs 4lbs. it also has some ugly Transformer bumble bee plastics on it that i tossed and cut off brackets then repainted it black.

for some reason the upper cage gussetts are boxed in with a plastic cover, those too came off and were tossed aside.

i drilled some holes under the exhaust and hung my license plate and wired up a light for it.

then i popped in a momentary switch in the dash and wired up a horn.

i also wired up my Quick Light, but need to weld on a tab for it tomorrow.

i need to stop by SDHQ tomorrow and pick up a rearview mirror and tabs to weld to the cage.

i also need to mount my Rugged Radio in the glovebox, weld a tab for the antenna and wire it all up.

i still need to make sure the two cars will fit inside the TH, i measured twice but untill i drive them inside you nevr know.

then i have to fabricate a 8'x4' platform on the back TH to hold the little ones Raptor.

eff me i think i will be fabricating on xmas day.
That's awesome Mike, and a good problem to have:D

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
It well be nice to meet you Art i've been going to Berts when they where on Foothill blvd in Azusa and been dealing with Jason in the parts dept for years

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I dont know what its like compared to the T4 but i did look at the dash and it looks like some plastic could be removed for more room. I fit ok but my knee's were right up next to the dash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
hows the leg room campared to the teryx??
i just sat in both to see.

when seated with feet on the pedals i have about 9" from my knees to the dash in the T4 and 5" in the Maverick.

The dash definately cover more of your legs in the Mav than the T4.

my right leg has about the same room to the engine cover in both.

but my middle leg stands up while seated in the Mav.:D

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Congrats on your new ride. Do you ever miss the polarhino or whatever u called it..lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
i just sat in both to see.

when seated with feet on the pedals i have about 9" from my knees to the dash in the T4 and 5" in the Maverick.

The dash definately cover more of your legs in the Mav than the T4.

my right leg has about the same room to the engine cover in both.

but my middle leg stands up while seated in the Mav.:D
i tried them all, rhino=with no tilt steering is now way jose. rzr=the middle dash has to be removed for me. canam comander=both left and right dash has to be cut out. polaris ranger=not too bad but oldschool. (felt like i was in a farm tractor) teryx=perfect fit. t4=perfect fit in all 4 seats. wildcat=was very tight all around but did fit. my middle leg stands up while sitting in trophy trucks. so i need to test drive the maverick. thanx for test fitting and measuring both. :cool:

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Congrats on your new ride. Do you ever miss the polarhino or whatever u called it..lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

only the sound at 12k RPM.

that car turned into a frankenstein single seater with no reverse and a pita to get into. I also missed a few dune trips due to replacing the motor twice. It got old to wrench on it before driving it all the time.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i tried them all, rhino=with no tilt steering is now way jose. rzr=the middle dash has to be removed for me. canam comander=both left and right dash has to be cut out. polaris ranger=not too bad but oldschool. (felt like i was in a farm tractor) teryx=perfect fit. t4=perfect fit in all 4 seats. wildcat=was very tight all around but did fit. my middle leg stands up while sitting in trophy trucks. so i need to test drive the maverick. thanx for test fitting and measuring both. :cool:

maybe the fitment problem is you? :eek:

haha

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I think the Mav Seating is great. and the View over the Dash is cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000