NEW SKAT-TRAK 30" PADDLE TIRES

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Yeah there was problem with some of the help out back not taking accurate measurements and or just writing a size and that got caught but not until I think a few went out the door and I Gaurantee that Tim will handle it if there that far off. Skats are measured at 15psi for roll out. A little bit of difference is acceptable and the norm. I know Tim gets some customers that measure tires and bitch about 1/4 or 1/2 inch height differences lol.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
Yeah I could handle 1/4 or 1/2 inch difference between left and right rollout but not 1 5/8" front to front diff and 1 1/2 rear to rear that's bad and a no run tolerance. I measured them several times and came up with these numbers everytime. They said send them back and they will replace them but once they got them they said they won't be replacing them and blew me off so I'll get some from someone else... very unprofessional in my opinion. I've always run Skats for years on my dirtbikes and quads my dad always ran them also. They are the best but gotta have people that care about the final product and not cutting corners....

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Yeah I could handle 1/4 or 1/2 inch difference between left and right rollout but not 1 5/8" front to front diff and 1 1/2 rear to rear that's bad and a no run tolerance. I measured them several times and came up with these numbers everytime. They said send them back and they will replace them but once they got them they said they won't be replacing them and blew me off so I'll get some from someone else... very unprofessional in my opinion. I've always run Skats for years on my dirtbikes and quads my dad always ran them also. They are the best but gotta have people that care about the final product and not cutting corners....
Well i know Tim very well and he won't screw anyone around and he's certainly not gonna do it over a few tires. So there's more to this and Tim obviously came up with a different measurement or something as I know he always handles any issues unless the customer is trying to pull one over on him.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
When I spoke to him he seemed very nice...
I called them a couple days later to see if they had received the set back and she said they had and already sold them to someone else and they didn't even measure the rollout just looked at them and said they don't look that bad and sold them.
I thought they should have been repaired to another set for sure. They where way off from each other. O well mistakes happen... i got my refund no problem and hopefully they fixed the problem and are making sure they are within spec from now on...I just want a good set.

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
A buddy has a set he got a couple months before me.... I went over to his house and measured his set the exact same procedure that I measured mine and his Skats where only 1/4" from eachother....

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
When I spoke to him he seemed very nice...
I called them a couple days later to see if they had received the set back and she said they had and already sold them to someone else and they didn't even measure the rollout just looked at them and said they don't look that bad and sold them.
I thought they should have been repaired to another set for sure. They where way off from each other. O well mistakes happen... i got my refund no problem and hopefully they fixed the problem and are making sure they are within spec from now on...I just want a good set.
Well something happened and I'm sure it was no big deal and I know they just don't look at tires and say oh those are fine and see them off. I know Tim well enough to know he really looked them over. He's not worried about losing money or taking care of a problem if there is truly a problem. Well at least you were made whole again.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
I'm not sure what they did as I wasn't there just what the lady said on the phone... all I know is I measured them a few times and the numbers were real and correct so hopefully they paired them to others. I'm very thankful I measured them and didn't mount on my car....7

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
The nice Lady on the phone is Tims wife and I'm sure she would handle it. Glad your all taken care of..

Sent from my Magic Wand!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Does not sound like Turbo925 was taken care of to me, unless refunding his money is being taken care of? It sounds like Turbo925 just wanted them replaced with tires that were not so far out of measurement, and Tim did not want to do that and just wanted to give him his money back. Also does not sound like Turbo925 was trying to pull something over on Tim, he just wanted a matching pair. Even you said there was some issues with the employees not measuring and marking them correctly and some sets got out. So Turbo925 is now left to find another brand, when he wanted Skats.

Turbo925, Did Tim or his wife also refund your shipping charges or did you have to eat that?

Warlock, I hope you dont give Turbo crap later on when you read about some other brand of paddle he is running!

Reactions: Majorsmackdown

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Does not sound like Turbo925 was taken care of to me, unless refunding his money is being taken care of? It sounds like Turbo925 just wanted them replaced with tires that were not so far out of measurement, and Tim did not want to do that and just wanted to give him his money back. Also does not sound like Turbo925 was trying to pull something over on Tim, he just wanted a matching pair. Even you said there was some issues with the employees not measuring and marking them correctly and some sets got out. So Turbo925 is now left to find another brand, when he wanted Skats.

Turbo925, Did Tim or his wife also refund your shipping charges or did you have to eat that?

Warlock, I hope you dont give Turbo crap later on when you read about some other brand of paddle he is running!
Really, give me a break.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
Agreed Your right Nikal...!
I'm glad to get a full refund but they had no choice I would have called my credit card company and reported them. Clearly I wasn't taken care of and they never even admitted they made a mistake and never tryed to make good on the jacked up set they sent me. I'm clearly upset as I wanted a good matching set that I had paid for. The situation is poor quality control issues and not trying to make up for it after it happened... so I would call that poor customer service also. It has been a major inconvenience and now I'm out trying to find another set, which I hopefully can get. Theyre is no measuring error on my part I had my set and my friends set in front of me and him as my witness we measured mine several times and his set that he bought before me. My buddys set was within skat-trak specifications 1/4 -1/2" of rollout from eachother front to front and rear to rear mine where horrible 1 5/8 front to front from eachother and 1 1/2 rollout rear to rear from eachother. It is what it is......

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I'm glad to get a full refund but they had no choice I would have called my credit card company and reported them. Clearly I wasn't taken care of and they never even admitted they made a mistake and never tryed to make good on the jacked up set they sent me. I'm clearly upset as I wanted a good matching set that I had paid for. The situation is poor quality control issues and not trying to make up for it after it happened... so I would call that poor customer service also. It has been a major inconvenience and now I'm out trying to find another set, which I hopefully can get. Theyre is no measuring error on my part I had my set and my friends set in front of me and him as my witness we measured mine several times and his set that he bought before me. My buddys set was within skat-trak specifications 1/4 -1/2" of rollout from eachother front to front and rear to rear mine where horrible 1 5/8 front to front from eachother and 1 1/2 rollout rear to rear from eachother. It is what it is......
If you want the Skat set up order them directly from Skat or you can get 30" skats from other sources, just wont be the Warlock version as that is exclusive to Tim. From what I have read Tim has a special tire made that he sends to Skat for buffing and putting on the paddles.

I know Fullerton Sand Sports sells Skats and there are other skat dealers out there.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

So I asked Tim about your deal this morning and he said you measured them standing on the paddles which is the wrong way of doing it since paddle spacing varies, and he said the Rollout difference was 3/8 . not a 1" 5/8 like you seem to have had trying to roll them and when the spacing from one paddle to another paddle is gonna cause a difference in height. There was no problem with them at all and one of Tims dealers bought them and Tim Told him to check out the roll out cause you returned them and they laughed cause it was not bad at 3/8 of an inch which can be fixed with a 1lb more air pressure also. There is no quality control issue as all tires have some variance in roll out. lol. There was for one week a few new hires training and when they made the mistake on rollout it was like 2+ so it was fixed and that was that.
Im not gonna go into all of the details of your deal here on the net but I will say that as hard of a time Tim and Kelly had dealing with you they will not sell you Tires again as you made things very difficult.

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
That's amazing they just took on a different shape when they shipped back wow I should had taken pictures and a video. All I did was call and order them. They came I aired them up to the same psi and did exactly what they said to do to measure them because they looked physically dimesionally odd. We measured them exactly the same as my buddies and came up with good numbers. So your smoke screen isn't making sense here. The front tires have no paddles they where the pair that were 1 5/8" rollout different from eachother not the rear man. The rears where 1 1/2" which I agree is hard to get an exact rollout so how is he claiming 3/8" that's b.s... I measured my buddies tires also and got good numbers.
Now you/they are trying to make me look bad for warning other people about a possible problem that needs attention and correction. Typical poor customer service point the finger at the customer and turn your back and make excuses.... I did nothing wrong here. I just wanted a good set if paddles with-in the specifications of skat-trak. I'm over it man !

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
That's awesome so they took on a different shape when returned ... I don't think so the front tires where the pair that were 1 5/8" from eachother i didnt see padales on them.... All I did was call and order them and expected a set within skat-trak specifications. What a smoke screen...

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
It's funny how we can measure a set made in a different batch and come up with great rollout numbers and then measure the returned set and all of a sudden don't know how to read numbers. Typical poor customer service point the finger back at the customer and turn their back on them... no cool at all.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Whats Funny is how Tim showed the tires to one of his dealers and they thought they were perfect and bought them, After Tim pays for shipping and they are not all off as far as you claimed he will not deal with shipping another set to play the game again especially when you didnt even have a car yet and you said you wanted to get these off your high interest credit card so you were not paying interest for a month waiting for your car to come in. So you know he is not a Walmart and once you made it very difficult for them on the return shipping pick up and what not he was done with you once he got them and they were only 3/8 off. Im not here to argue with you and get involved in your problems. Tims reputation is quite good and he always takes care of any customer issues as long as the customer is cool about it.

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
Another example of people not taking responsibility for a mistake. Not that it's any of your business man but I've had my car for 3 weeks and my cc is only 11.99 % so I don't know where you pulled that story from. I'm not in control of his return shipping all I did was drop them off at the fedex store so not sure where you pulled that from either... fact is I know what they measured and have witness to that fact and had another set to measure and compare them too.. What stories that are told now are just fictional. If you keep harassing me and trying to put words in my mouth and make me look bad when all I wanted is to pay for a nice true set of paddles I'll go on every friken utv forum and talk about my experience. I'm done conversing with who ever you are, I have much more important things to do today...
All I can say is if you have a buffed paddle style tire measure your rollout to make sure your good to go people!

Turbo925

Dec 5, 2015
Hey everyone who is following or reading this thread. So I wanted to express to everyone that I picked my new set of 30" Skat-trak Extremes with CMS wheels today..... getting them new from Ridenow Peoria they are really cool people over there by the way...
For the record. ....
I never turned my head or belief in the design of these badass sand tires and cms wheels They are badass and amazingly light! I just wanted a good matching set that I deserve. I just aired them up to 15 psi and measured rollout the exact! let me say it again the exact same method! I measured the odd ball sent back set and my buddies set.
Lay the soft tapemeasure on the floor flat and straight set the tire over it straight and center reach down and bring the tape up center of tire and measure rollout... 360 deg of center of tires.
The front right and front left where well in skat-trak specifications at 1/4 " difference
The rear right and rear left where well in skat-trak specifications at 5/16"
So I'm stoked and am dialed ! Ready to go have a blast in the dunes. Yeah!!
Thanks to the people that designed made my awesome true set of skat-trak paddles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000