NEW Yamaha Sport Side X Side?

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I like how they have the link to the release today on their website already and all that it shows so far is a flat green field. Maybe the new sxs will be able to drive over 3 rows of crops a time instead of 2.:D
LMBO!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Bad intel is bad intel... no sport model, no single seater and no bigger engine. Sorry guys.. its why I hate rumors about new machines, everyone gets their hopes up. Either way the new Viking 6 is a great machine if you need a big utility vehicle that rides great and fits 6 guys comfortably.

dezertduner

Mar 11, 2014
:eek: way to disappoint Yamaha. the Viking cant get out of its own way as it is. add 3 more people and you might as well have released a 6 seat golf cart. have a feeling a sport model from Yamaha will be a huge let down as well. :( probably just a Viking with some aftermarket shocks. lol

dezertduner

Mar 11, 2014
oh on a brighter note at least when it does get high centered or stuck. you will have enough people with you to push!!! lol.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I don't get it...at all. Yamaha is not listening...with that said I bet S3 builds a sweet mudder out of that school bus. It won't look so long after they put it on tractor tires. I still love Yamaha anyways

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
I don't understand why they still use the same little rhino motor? They must have a ton of them in stock and need to get them out before they kill the sales on these models with a sport model.

I really hope they don't disappoint everyone on the sport model and I doubt they will.

I think all the OEMs need to get in the sport side so racers have more options... lol ;-)

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I'd like to throw my .2 in here while I have a couple of minutes of free time....

1. I was at the intro because I am ABOUT.COM's ATV/UTV Expert, so I contribute quite a bit of content each month - I'm expecting I'll be at a number of intros for anything that has 4 wheels when I'm not at the races - lol!

2. The Viking actually surpassed all of Yamaha's sales goals, etc....it's been a very successful model for them for the demographic they targeted. I have been using the crap out of mine, and it's a great, durable, useful machine for utility stuff.

3. Given the success of the Viking, it only makes sense that Yamaha would make a 6-seater (which has its own niche market for businesses, ranchers, etc) while they have everything tooled up for Viking production.

4. I like big motors, too, but even fully loaded with 6 butts in the seats, the Viking VI has plenty of low end torque with the 700 and it didn't feel like it was even trying pulling a full load up the hills we were on. So, considering it's a utility vehicle for work, and for hauling passengers, I guess there really is no need to make it rediculously fast.

5. I'm waiting for a sport machine from Yamaha, too......and with their promise to release a new machine every year for 5 years, I'm sure we will see one. Given the amount of time that Yamaha has taken to come out with something for us racer types, I'm going to assume it's going to be pretty freakin' awesome when it does drop.

Carry on! But just remember, the sport UTV market isn't the biggest market, even though it totally should be! :) And I totally agree with you BrArmor! More options!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000